Quantcast

???dayaftermondaygfmt¿¿¿

Ugh. Woke up about 2:30 AM in a full sweat and coughing my lungs out, then between the cold and one of those loops in which you can't stop thinking, mostly failed to sleep for the rest of the night.

Off to the dentist this morning, then need to finish assembling my Secret Santa offering.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy shit balls! Both boys slept through the night... And so did I! I wouldn't quite say I feel normal just yet, but damn, what a difference.

Good day to you all!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stayed up too late, going to be a long day on a short bus. So yesterday I had 7 "challenged adults" on board and they wanted to hear some "hard Rocks" OK click on the raidio and Devo comes on with a live version of Mongoloid...my eyes bug and as I go to change they station I see that they are all rocking out to it so I left it on.....walked a thin line on that one.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up with a headache, not cool.

I walked out of the lunchroom here at work with a coffee cup, but no coffee.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I didn't get enough sleep.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. New mattress was delivered yesterday so my house smells like new memory foam. Can't wait to sleep on it tonight! Tonight is my jr/sr band concert. Dress rehearsal was pretty good...hope that's not a bad sign. I am really proud of my jr band. They sound good and have worked really hard! I think I am finished Christmas shopping too.

Knowing how busy this week would be and wanting to ship on time, I pre-ordered a gift for my RM Elf and it's not remotely related to anything on their wish list so I have to decide if I want to keep the cool things I ordered and get something off their list or gift away. :think: WWJBPD???

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Yuna is not feeling well, so neither she nor we got much sleep last night. Likely as a result I now have a sore throat myself. All the germs in an endless circle from kid to parent to kid to parent...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New place serves Toast with Waffles? Very nearly went into a tirade and launched the plate of food at the small opening where the food comes from the Kitchen (yes I put syrup and butter on it first..jeesh). Then I saw the cook. Clearly She could kick my ass. Dodged a bullet there.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Howdy all. Yuna is not feeling well, so neither she nor we got much sleep last night. Likely as a result I now have a sore throat myself. All the germs in an endless circle from kid to parent to kid to parent...
Strep throat is cycling through Primrose right now. One of the kids from Saturday's holiday party has it. Thankfully no signs with Haley.

Otherwise work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I got this crazy idea I wanted to be able to log into our Comcast account online so we could watch stuff when not at home. So I ask Jen if she knew what the online account stuff was and she didn't, no biggie, right? Wrong. Because we've never had a phone (even though she's had a home phone as part of her "triple play", just nothing to plug into it) to call and verify the account, they had to mail me a PIN. But they didn't include the whole account number when they sent me the PIN and I can't look up the account number online without a login.

I want to choke Sundeep, even though I know it isn't his fault he works for the devil.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

So I got this crazy idea I wanted to be able to log into our Comcast account online so we could watch stuff when not at home. So I ask Jen if she knew what the online account stuff was and she didn't, no biggie, right? Wrong. Because we've never had a phone (even though she's had a home phone as part of her "triple play", just nothing to plug into it) to call and verify the account, they had to mail me a PIN. But they didn't include the whole account number when they sent me the PIN and I can't look up the account number online without a login.

I want to choke Sundeep, even though I know it isn't his fault he works for the devil.
You can ask specifically to have a representative from the US to speak with. There are call centers in AZ, SC, and CO that I am aware of.

You can also go the nuclear option and threaten to call the FCC. That's the nuclear option though. On a side note, I have the cell phone number for the regional manager of field reps in the south Denver-metro area. :butcher:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just reached a settlement regarding a heating system that hasn't performed as promised.
A polite, non-threatening letter just got me a full refund to the tune of $19k.
Faith in humanity temporarily restored.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Just reached a settlement regarding a heating system that hasn't performed as promised.
A polite, non-threatening letter just got me a full refund to the tune of $19k.
Faith in humanity temporarily restored.
Do you have to tear out the faulty pieces?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do you have to tear out the faulty pieces?
Yes but I wouldn't let these guys touch my house again anyway.
Removal is $500 of the $12k replacement cost and I should be able to sell components of old system for $5k easy.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Whoa, residential heating system was $19k? I don't remember your house being so palatial. Perhaps I missed the wings out of view. Heat pump by any chance?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In hospital. Sleeve got caught in an auger last night... sucked my arm in and broke the forearm and humulus(sp?). Shit was sucking my neck in when we hit the disconnect. Plates and screws at both breaks. Thought I was gonna die. Going to recover fully, nerves will take time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In hospital. Sleeve got caught in an auger last night... sucked my arm in and broke the forearm and humulus(sp?). Shit was sucking my neck in when we hit the disconnect. Plates and screws at both breaks. Thought I was gonna die. Going to recover fully, nerves will take time.
I think I warned you about dying. Strictly off the table. Get well.....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
FKNA. Glad you are "OK". healing vibes sent.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi. I got nothing.
Heading to Death Valley & some hot springs for a goodbye soiree.
Some of the people I know are awesome.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Sweet baby jeebus. I'm glad that you're not dead.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Dislike! :eek:
Glad you weren't killed and will recover. Feel better soon!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy Shit! Wow, flabbergasted! Sorry to hear all this. Was this at work?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn, glad you are not boostburger.

What the hell were you doing around a running augur, OSHA gonna be all up in yo shit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You can ask specifically to have a representative from the US to speak with. There are call centers in AZ, SC, and CO that I am aware of.

You can also go the nuclear option and threaten to call the FCC. That's the nuclear option though. On a side note, I have the cell phone number for the regional manager of field reps in the south Denver-metro area. :butcher:
I was doing the online chat thing, I hate talking on the phone. Good news is the ONLY DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ONLINE IS UPGRADE. So at least I got my login to view the crap services I have and in case I want to add aditional crap I now have that option.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Jumping fucking jesus. Glad you're still with us Will. Here's to being still alive. :cheers:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Holy crap. Heal up quick!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sweet f*ck. Get better soon. Glad you could post this.