Quantcast

* daylight savings gmt ***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Full bike/“bike” rack at the local marketplace. Picking up elder two kids imminently: Mac Ride for middle kid, rear seat for elder.

C7EE32AC-093A-4711-83CF-50E4B8184EF8.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got to watch a nice* misogynistic dad get put into place about their super son by Haley today (again). In their first race, kid was complaining that his kart was slower than 2 other kids (both league). During the race I told dad that they're league kids, have to prove control to go full speed, yadda, yadda. He goes and bitches to staff, kid bitches about the girl was only beating him because she had a faster kart.

Race #2, kid goes out first, Haley last, so ~1/2 a track separation. 1st 5 laps (3/4 speed), Haley closed down to ~1/4 separation with multiple passes in process. Once opened up to speed 4/4, Haley just started driving like usual. By lap 8 she's on him and he won't let her pass, he gets a blue flag on the front straight. Dad is all excited about the racing now, despite Haley being 2sec/lap faster (10% faster). Lap 9, back to the front straight, still ignoring the blue flag and she's getting pissed.

I told him, 'FYI if he doesn't yield by the back of the track, she's going to spin him.' He made a butt hurt comment about it being racing, so we just watched the next 5 turns, when she spun him into the wall. I told him that she was being polite the first lap, but since he didn't respect the flags and she had caught him, she was going to continue racing the last 3 laps against the clock. He was just flabbergasted and watched her drop 3 faster laps still.

When they got back to the tables was awesome. They didn't realize we were next to each other, so the boy was bitching about the girl that couldn't pass him and so she hit him making him crash. And she was bitching about the boy who was way slower than her and not following flags, so she had to push him out of the way to keep racing. Fucking hilarious all around.
next time.....say this in your best fuck your cousin accent....

RUBBING IS RACING BITCH....PRAISE THE ORANGE GIBBON...LETS GO BRANDON.....

give him the finger as you moonwalk away...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Haley is gonna be (is?) a badass. Lesser boys, look out, she’s out of your league!

In other news, last hockey tournament of the year is over, and we made it back from SLC in one piece.
Trip was a success.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After not moving for over 72 hours my camper took a little trip. I am guessing he needed more fentanyl and 3 days of shit an piss inside a 1 man tent isn't very pleasant. While he was gone I installed 5 raised planter boxes so there was no longer enough room to set up a tent. A bunch of neighbors came over to help and thank me for trying to get him to move on. I am guessing the neighbor whose house he set up in front of isn't very happy anymore.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buy a race team they said, it will be affordable they said.
Want what's really fun? If she sticks with it and Hannah picks it up (which she already asks when she can drive), in 3 yrs they well both be in Jr league at the same time - 7 and 12. Unless Haley outgrows Jr karts and it racing teen league by 12. [Burns money]

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
congestion....my breathing now has sound fx....akin to a old rocking char or swing...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Do I get an honorary dental degree if I spend good money on a completely unnecessary i9 stem as bike farkle?

Honestly I think the $17 ebay job on there now seems solid...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Do I get an honorary dental degree if I spend good money on a completely unnecessary i9 stem as bike farkle?

Honestly I think the $17 ebay job on there now seems solid...
I have such a cheap one (trying to remember the brand, it’s something short…) on my old trail bike. It’s totally fine. Been off some big drops and everything.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I have such a cheap one (trying to remember the brand, it’s something short…) on my old trail bike. It’s totally fine. Been off some big drops and everything.
I got one that specifically didn't look like it came off a CNC mill, ready to crack at some stress riser. Shot-peened and black. But now I'm wondering what if it's just cast metal or something and not forged?

Oh well, it'll hold for a while. So many decent options on forged stems in the $30-40ish range, too.