Quantcast

***Daylight savings is BS GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The clock in my living room that seems to have been broken for the last 6 month seems to be accurate again. Clearly a miracle has occured. Praise the mythological creator of your choice!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
big dude slammed a door on little dude's foot. little dude's pinky toe is effed up. he screamed for a solid half hour. worst. alarm. clock. ever.

this is gonna take a lot of coffee.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
big dude slammed a door on little dude's foot. little dude's pinky toe is effed up. he screamed for a solid half hour. worst. alarm. clock. ever.

this is gonna take a lot of coffee.
Well that sucks. Hope it isn't the ER type of effed up.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Daylight savings time of daylight spending time? I'll know as soon as the clouds break. We're supposed to experience another week of winter starting today. Today's agenda includes very little outside of paying bills, We usually have 5 each month but lately it's been about 5 per week.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Damn the Man and his daylight saving...the loss of the hour woke me up last night at about 0300 and I couldnt get back to sleep. Its been raining all week...no riding and I dont ski on the weekends...may have to go for chili dogs.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Had a super tasty dinner with friends last night. I really want to learn how to cook better. For as much as I eat, it would be a worthwhile endeavor. Then again, chili dogs sounds really frickin' good right now too.

A warm sunny Sunday will surely be a shitshow of people all over the front range, I think I'm going to ride again. Still dialing in the new bike but hot damn I like it. Waking up with the familiar tired legs feeling is welcome a few months into winter and ski season.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Parents in town for my birfday weekend. Lots of good food and luckily the weather is awful cus I want to ride!

Edit- daylight savings is my favorite- more time to ride after work! Pretty psyched it's very close to my birthday this year :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Raining like crazy. Taking the dog and going trailz scouting anyways. Cause in laws here and rainy hiking is awesome. Cause this is a desert and in 6 months I will be praying for rain.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Busy as hell these past two weeks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sydney won another Gymnastics overall meet yesterday (her second of this year) and won 2 of her individual events as well (beam and floor). She finished 3rd by .05 (1st and second tied with a 9.85) on vault so she was bummed as she usually wins that event too. Gotta love it when the kids from her gym are ruling the podium (they finished 1-4).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Kids slept about as well as could be hoped for given time change + travel day, which means the elder slept until 6 AM Hawaii time but the little one woke up around 4 AM and persisted in her awake-ness. Could have been much worse.

Presentation upon which I was a senior author (and first author, one of my underlings, presented) went well enough. No questions from tough audience. Hawaii is beautiful. Perhaps I should retire here? :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hawaii is beautiful. Perhaps I should retire here? :D
I lost a quality associate to Hawaii last November, he couldn't take the cold of Montana anymore.

He says all the food you need is available for free on the side of the roads in the rain forest and that avocados grow to the size of your head. Did you see any head size avocados on your way up a volcano?

Rode. Talked trail politics. Met a hiker who wants a fat bike (he walked up behind me as I was neatly managing to go over the bars, said "I didn't see that"). Stopped at bong tree. Rode. And rode. Got to top of hill. No companion, but she showed up eventually. Did a bunch of trail work. Had beers. Did more trail work. Nice downhill ride. Fell on my ass crossing stream. Rode home with soaking gloves, feet, and butt. A good day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pinkbiker was 45 minutes late, but transaction went smoothly. Cash in hand. Followed immediately by a ride. Home and showered, went to REI and ordered a bike trailer for the ginger baby.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
20:06 in my 5K. Urgh...way off the sub-19 I was shooting for. I can thank the asshole hills for that. Tough, tough course. Some seriously good placement though: 13 out 1189 overall and 1 out of 45 in my age group.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Did you see any head size avocados on your way up a volcano?
I did not, but then again Waikoloa is pretty developed. It's all lava rock, nicely trimmed lawns, water, or pavement. Local flora is a bunch of palm trees, probably not native. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh, I broke my trail helmet today trying to put it on over my poofy hair (haven't got a hair cut since last year). What the heck man. The plastic compression crap at the back of it snapped off.

I guess its back to the 'ole gross skull bucket until I try to get this warrantied.

I'm riding this week and nothing will stop that from happening.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did not, but then again Waikoloa is pretty developed. It's all lava rock, nicely trimmed lawns, water, or pavement. Local flora is a bunch of palm trees, probably not native. :D
When I went to Maui a few years ago I stayed with a few locals who were squatting in a foreclosed Mansion right on the water. I prefer sleeping outside to a strange bed if the conditions support it. I slept in a hammock suspended between two palm trees spanning the sea wall. It was much nicer than any resort. I'd highly recommend it. How to befriend locals squatting in a foreclosed mansion is up to you.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
20:06 in my 5K. Urgh...way off the sub-19 I was shooting for. I can thank the asshole hills for that. Tough, tough course. Some seriously good placement though: 13 out 1189 overall and 1 out of 45 in my age
I'd be more happy winning my age group on a challenging course than a personal best on an easy course... how many runners did you lay to waste during the last 100 yards?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd be more happy winning my age group on a challenging course than a personal best on an easy course... how many runners did you lay to waste during the last 100 yards?
None the final 100 yards. I'm usually pretty alone in my races...not fast enough to be with the leaders, but pretty far in the front of the main pack. No man's land. A ton of people shot out in front of me at the start...I was probably 50th or so after a half mile while I settled in, and from that point on spent the rest of the race passing people and wasn't passed once. I passed my last person (2nd OA female) with about a quarter mile left.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Doubled back on the trail to look for my glasses that I had left behind when I stopped to do trail work. Gray and yellow Smith frames are freakin impossible to spot in leaves. Didn't find them, but did manage to get rained on a bit.

Even a crappy ride is still time in the woods.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
None the final 100 yards. I'm usually pretty alone in my races...not fast enough to be with the leaders, but pretty far in the front of the main pack. No man's land. A ton of people shot out in front of me at the start...I was probably 50th or so after a half mile while I settled in, and from that point on spent the rest of the race passing people and wasn't passed once. I passed my last person (2nd OA female) with about a quarter mile left.
I was always mid pack at best so my only glory was spending every dime and passing as many as I could before getting locked in the shoot.