Quantcast

>>>Dead Turkey consumption day GMT<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Turkey is in the oven, now I just have to make mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and roasted Brussels sprouts & bacon. Off to find the turkey blaster; it’s kind of hard cooking in an unfamiliar kitchen.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello! Can confirm, fall never arrived and we have gone straight from summer into arctic ball freezing cold weather.

Good thing that today is Friday; have tomorrow and Monday off. But have to work on Sunday. Damnit!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hello peoples.
No family around today, probably ski for a while then make a steak and watch football.

Please, don't drink and drive today.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, except my definition of football is different and substitute ride bikes for plank balancing.
Wife and I are heading to a neighbours for dinner later, I dislike having to make small chat with people I don't know...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, except my definition of football is different and substitute ride bikes for plank balancing.
Wife and I are heading to a neighbours for dinner later, I dislike having to make small chat with people I don't know...
Anytime you'd like to try plank balancing, I've got you covered.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

8# breast getting cherry smoked, 13# whole bird getting Snoop Dogg roasted in the oven. Should be a good day.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hello peoples.
No family around today, probably ski for a while then make a steak and watch football.

Please, don't drink and drive today.
We have extra food and no family here, if you feel like driving down.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode in the morning, it was wicked cold. My body is still pumping antifreeze to my balls and other appendages. I think I need a beer now. Or maybe some gin? :think:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing with Haley yesterday she's getting dual edge turns a bit, but still just starting to get them. I'm not a good teacher, but keep pushing her to try and try again. She did go full suicide ride down a long green and thankfully plowed into a powder bank at the junction. Sent her tumbling about 5ft off trail, mostly scared, but back to the bunny hill to practice turns. While we were driving home she made the point that I don't mention it to Wifey so that her skiing doesn't get restricted.

Got a ticket for expired registration. Apparently I forget to change the registration for the cars when we moved, so all are expired. $65 ticket and then $50 late fee on each, we're back to where we should be. Stupid of the week for sure.

Football and chores today while Wifey cooks.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Bird Day! I was up at 5:00 to run a 5K race. -5 degree wind chill, but it wasn't that bad and I never felt cold once I got going. Ran 19:25, which was good for 6th overall out of 300, and 2nd in my age group which got me a trophy that will now be the Thanksgiving dinner table centerpiece when my family comes over. :weee:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hello! Can confirm, fall never arrived and we have gone straight from summer into arctic ball freezing cold weather.
can confirm. I had to put the roof rack on the car this morning and damn near froze my fingers off. Thursday is forest school day, and with the snow/slush on the road, I prefer the roof rack to the hitch rack (I drive the boys to the forest, then drive back to town, park the car at my wife's work, then ride to my work...) I don't use the roof rack much, and all sorts of nuts and bolts were loose and needed extra attention. three hours later and I can still feel the ice crystals inside my fingers stabbing at my flesh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone just microwaved something in the cafeteria around the corner from where I'm sitting and it smells like bacon sizzling in maple syrup. I think I might have to leave....

can confirm. I had to put the roof rack on the car this morning and damn near froze my fingers off. Thursday is forest school day, and with the snow/slush on the road, I prefer the roof rack to the hitch rack (I drive the boys to the forest, then drive back to town, park the car at my wife's work, then ride to my work...) I don't use the roof rack much, and all sorts of nuts and bolts were loose and needed extra attention. three hours later and I can still feel the ice crystals inside my fingers stabbing at my flesh.
Sounds like last night. It took us an hour to do 7km. Apparently biking through 2 inches of fresh powder and having a flat rear tire takes A LOT of effort. Who knew? :crazy:

How warm was it down south?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Gunna deep fry some turkeys in a bit. I always deep fry two turkeys. One is just for left overs. Happy Turkey day to all monkeys and no one else.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I think this is why you and I get along.