Quantcast

>>>Dead Turkey consumption day GMT<<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I grilled ribeyes. There was also turkey, I suppose. Good day with parents and sister’s family.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Let's have the story, Chief.

Also, wait ... there is pie? Fuck yes, there is pie.
Long story short...

-Bike stolen at beginning of June, on the way to trail head.
-We spent days hunting down druggies and bums and whatnot trying to find it. Filed police report. Went no where.
-No word or leads on bike until last week or whenever.
-Buddy found the bike in Pinkbike buy/sell.
-I message one of the TrailForks guys who I've talked to before. He gave me all the info needed to find out who the guy was, where he lived/worked etc etc.
-Ended up getting the guy on the phone. He was supposedly 'trying' out the bike from a pawn shop buddy in another city. He listed it on PB "to see what the bike was worth". Lol yeah right...
-Convinced the guy to return the bike to the pawn shop. Pawn shop refused to give up the bike without a fight and police.
-Police in that county were moving slower than a snails pace....even after we gave them the original police report, purchase receipt, pictures of my friend ON the bike etc etc etc. We did all the work for them but they were giving him the run around of "oh....we can't leave the station"..."no police can be spared for this" etc etc
-Then remembered we had a guy in our ride group who is an under cover cop down in that county (haven't seen him in a year....). Gave him a call out of the blue and he told us to tell the police station and the pawn shop to "fuck right off". He got two of his buddies to pickup the bike that evening within two hours of calling.
-Bike return the next day.

So the bike was missing and presumed absolutely gone for almost 6 months. Its too bad these things don't work out like this more often for people who gets their stuff stolen.

The old man is beyond stoked to have the bike back. He shreds on the bike. Here he is about to somehow squeeze through a rock crack on Laurel Mountain in Pisgah last year. What can't be seen is the god damn ice....don't know how he made it through that on the bike. :crazy: