Quantcast

Dealing with Chafing.

- pete -

Chimp
Apr 22, 2008
now not on me but on the bike. :p
My shock spring rubs on the shock body on big compressions. This a starting to leave small rub marks on the shock body. it also makes an annoying noise!
my current setup is this: medium Intense M6, Revox shock with a nukeproof 300lbs x 3.5" ti spring. I weigh 160 lbs.

now the reason the spring rubs is because the way in which the spring compresses. there only seems to be rub marks on the top of the shock body, not the bottom.
after seeing obtainium's thrust needle bearing offering i've decided to buy a set. now the problem is that the thrust needle bearings obtainium sell only work with obtainium spring according to the UK distributor. i'm not shedding out for another ti spring just to get the bearing's plus obtainium only make up to 3 inch stroke, i need 3.5 inch.

my solution?
I found a bearing supplier that sell thrust needle bearings the right size for the shock and the spring. so i've ordered a set.
i hope it works! :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
OK......so what's your question?

You can also try rotating your spring in the meantime to see if that helps. I had the same issue on my brooklyn, but I kept rotating the spring until it stopped rubbing. Not the best, it worked.

Also, you really only need one thrust bearing, since it only needs to be free on one side to stop binding.