Quantcast

Dear Alex Rankin (a stupendously unbiased review of Earthed 5)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once again, you have bestowed the downhill community with a gem of race footage that you and your cronies have collected over the course of a race season. The cinematography is superb. Your framing, lighting, angles, editing - its all spot on. Not to mention the riding is off the hook. Throwing in some bmx was a nice touch.

Unfortunately, I do have a gripe about "Law of Fives" that I have not previously had with the Earthed series... the soundtrack. Who picked out the musical tracks on this one, Helen Keller? Whoever was responsible for this was either asleep at the wheel or had one too many hits off the meth pipe. Earthed 3 and 4 had fantastic soundtracks, a good mix of many musical genres (one of my personal faves was the use of 'Blinded by the Light' in #3). Law of Fives, well, it went a little overboard. Too far out in left field. Hell, I would've preferred "You Dropped a Bomb on me" by the Gap Band over some of the bizarre reggae techno that was used. I guess musical scores just aren't your forte. Or maybe its just a simple difference in musical taste between you and I. Regardless, keep up with the great filming, ... but next time, maybe you should take a hint from Quentin Tarantino and have the soundtrack handled by the RZA.

Sincerely,
Jon Kranked

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
"wrapped up like a douche" is the single best lyric ever for a radio song.

most mis-understood lyric ever.

it's:
"blinded by the li-ight
crapped out like a duece
in the middle of the night"

the song's about when you eat sooo much for dinner that you have to wake up in the middle of the night and take a duece...and when you turn the bathroom light on, it's really blinding.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
i love some of the songs... then again i hate some of them too. The stuff from Von Sudenfed and DJ Champion is dooope!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Now you have to stay in at recess and read up on shock tuning and patent laws!
awwwe, did i hurt your feelings by correcting you? Sorry, carry on hearing the wrong lyrics if that will make you feel better.:nopity:

but just so you know it's 'deuce' as in 'deuce coupe' . . . not sure exactly how one would rev up a douche anyway

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Were you expecting nickelback and soulja booiii?

The soundtracks are great... not as great as Earthed 3 and 4, but still among the best bike film soundtracks.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Dear Alex Rankin,

Whenever I see you I'm going to stick my dick in your ear so you know what the rest of us feel like when our ears get violated by that crap you call music. Nothing personal.

Love,

Me

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Well, if nothing else at least we've established who fanacized about douces in elementrty school and who knows what a dick in their ear feels like (or has a fetish for such things). I don't know about you, but i'm feeling enlightened:cheers:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
awwwe, did i hurt your feelings by correcting you? Sorry, carry on hearing the wrong lyrics if that will make you feel better.:nopity:

but just so you know it's 'deuce' as in 'deuce coupe' . . . not sure exactly how one would rev up a douche anyway
Ha, when you pull your head out of your ass, does it take a long time to clean the $hit off? Just curious.
People have been laughing about those lyrics for years.
I think there was even a SNL skit about it.
But it you makes you feel all teacherific to have "learned me something" then by all means forge ahead.
Here is an imaginary apple for your services.:biggrin:

PS My feelings never get hurt.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Ha, when you pull your head out of your ass, does it take a long time to clean the $hit off? Just curious.
People have been laughing about those lyrics for years.
I think there was even a SNL skit about it.
But it you makes you feel all teacherific to have "learned me something" then by all means forge ahead.
Here is an imaginary apple for your services.:biggrin:
is it just me, or is the placing of certain objects into body cavities a bit of a theme for you today?

PS My feelings never get hurt.
good to know, but you might want to contact your elementary school and have them recalibrate their hearing test. You seemed pretty confident in it a few minutes ago:biggrin: no need to be offended, it's not your fault they messed up

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Dammit, I raised my right hand when it should have been my left.
I think I was a little tired from holding up those gigantic headphones.

you had headphones. . . Lucky. We had that big rubber probe they stuck in our ears.

Damn, it keeps comming back stuffing things in holes doesn't it.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Every DH movie should have with sound track and without (if it costs the same to produce)....i like hearing the bike sounds and crowd reactions....