Quantcast

Dear douchebag

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Happy fvcking thanksgiving. Enjoy replacing the hood, headlight and side mirror on your 911. Yes, I'm fine, thanks for asking.

<3 HAB

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
To elaborate now that I've had a shower and a beer to calm down, he tried to turn right through me. I was in the bike lane, and he was behind me the whole time, I CLEARLY had right of way. Saw him coming at the last second and vaulted over the bike onto his hood(ish) trying to say off the pavement. Put a pretty good dent in the hood and broke a headlight doing so, then grabbed the side mirror trying to hold onto something and broke that off too. Got up, he started yelling at me. Told him to **** off. Guy in the car behind him got out and agreed with me I was not at fault. 911 douchebag backed down a bit, I told him I was fine, thanks, and left. Got his plate #, don't really think I care enough to do anything with it though.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
whats that he destroyed your 2011 santa cruz carbon v10 with the most expensive part set on it, totally destroyed you say? but anyway at least you didn't get hurt.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
With a WITNESS? Not that I promote our sue-happy culture, but...
Maybe if I had a legitimate complaint but since the worst thing I got out of it was some mild bruising on my rib cage and a little shoulder soreness I'm opposed on principle. I'm fine, and I'd like to think that the combination of the wake up call I think he got from realizing hit a real person, plus the repair bill for his lame mid life crisis car will have gotten somewhere. Move on.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Fvck that. You didn't do any paint damage?

You can barely breathe due to the cracked ribs. And you got AIDS from the Porsche as well. Mr. Dirt is a lawyer, he'll tell you what to do next.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Fvck that. You didn't do any paint damage?

You can barely breathe due to the cracked ribs. And you got AIDS from the Porsche as well. Mr. Dirt is a lawyer, he'll tell you what to do next.
well, mr. dirt will tell him to kill the driver, his extended family, to burn and loot the village where the 911 driver comes from and then go to vegas and spend all of his savings on hookers and blow.
see? it can be done without lawyers! :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
well, mr. dirt will tell him to kill the driver, his extended family, to burn and loot the village where the 911 driver comes from and then go to vegas and spend all of his savings on hookers and blow.
Not that's a bad idea.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Appreciate your principal, but this is a case that deserves a legal look. Fixing his car won't remind him of anything, buying you a new bike will.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No cops? Even if I'm totally fine there is NO WAY I wouldn't call the police if I get taken out by some asshat like that. "Compensation" issues aside, a big fat ticket and legal proceedings will teach Mr. Midlife Crisis more than a dented hood on his penis extender.

Glad your Okay.:thumb:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dont forget to sack the Porsche factory...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
No cops? Even if I'm totally fine there is NO WAY I wouldn't call the police if I get taken out by some asshat like that. "Compensation" issues aside, a big fat ticket and legal proceedings will teach Mr. Midlife Crisis more than a dented hood on his penis extender.

mans got a point. if he can pwn that car, he can fix it. that means he can buy you a new bike too

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
People deserve to be made examples of. Don't hate me because this world is full of assholes and a lot of pussies who don't have the sack to step up and deal with people.

Or to quote R. Lee Ermey: "If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?"

1) Glad you're OK
2) Rep for not being litigious
3) File a police report - the car damage probably requires it

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Glad you're okay. I too would file a report. I didn't for my car/bike collision and doubt the woman who backed into me even remembers. The state trooper at my school was completely pissed that I didn't report it!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
In all seriousness, report it. Just in case down the road your or your bike develops some sort of a hitch in your get-a-long, you want to have a paper trail.

If you need something a little more philosophical, you're doing it for the 99%. Stick it to the 1% who are running over average Americans in their mid-priced Hitler wagons.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Unfortunatly were Mister HAB resides...... There would have been no ticket being there was an actual collision. At that point here in wonderfull socal, the police would only verify that Hab has proper insurance and information from the driver, file a small report, and leave it to HAB to contact the drivers insurance company. The only way the driver would get a ticket would be if he didnt make contact with Hab, but still caused Hab to get into an accident... IE running him into the curb/tree something of that nature, then he would get a failuire to yeild ticket.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He's going to call his insurance and report it as vandalism, get it fixed, pay his deductible...and there won't be an increase in his premiums. You need to call the police and get his insurance information and file an at fault accident with his insurance company. Advise the insurance company of your soreness and that you are going to get it examined as a precaution.

You don't have to be hostile to his insurer, only concerned for your well being and doing the right thing for the situation. I can guarantee you that his action is part of a pattern and if it goes unreported by you to HIS insurance, you're not helping anyone. You're actually making everybody else's premiums go up....to pay for his "vandalized" car.

That way, when he files for repairs, they will hit him with insurance points and increase his premiums.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wasn't a real road ride, just on the way home from the trail head.

Bizutch, like I said already, I did file a police report.
Police report will not be reflected on his insurance unless he is specifically ticketed for an AT FAULT accident on that date. I cannot stress enough that you need to make sure to CALL and report to his insurance company or he will suffer zer consequence.

You don't have to go to the doc and get a colonoscopy on his tab.

See, most any state has laws that require an insurer to charge points for estimated damages from the police report if the report indicates a driver was at fault.

Example from yesterday: Guy pulled out in front of motorcycle and motorcycle had to hit the ditch. Cited at the scene for unsafe movement by the officer with a damage estimate of $2500. Apparently decided to pay it out of his pocket to fix the guy's bike to avoid points. Paid to get the ticket dropped b/c he had a good lawyer.

Law says we charge the points b/c he was AT FAULT. He was the cause of the accident and his risk rating should reflect it. Just because he chose to pay everybody off doesn't make him any less of a liability.

It's your choice. Just trying to show people it helps to follow through. Not encouraging frivilous litigation.