Quantcast

Dear French people

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I am, and you've got a point there. :rofl: I think I'm entitled to it though, since the last cup of coffee I bought was overseas. Just beans to make my own when I'm here. The weak sh!t that passes for coffee here can go die in a fire. Same for all the sweet milky vaguely coffee flavored drinks.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also it should be noted that I'm

1. drunk
2. not in France, just drinking some coffee I made (in a French press) with some French beans a friend brought back as a gift for me.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am, and you've got a point there. :rofl: I think I'm entitled to it though, since the last cup of coffee I bought was overseas. Just beans to make my own when I'm here. The weak sh!t that passes for coffee here can go die in a fire. Same for all the sweet milky vaguely coffee flavored drinks.
That's bad coffe, not french coffe. It's like complaining that US bikes are crappy because you have bought a khs dh-100 or whatever that **** bike of theirs was called back in the days

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just got a limited release Antiguan, lightly roasted. This is some good stuff. Single origin is good but farm specific is better. :thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The coffee in France was better than the Northern Euro version of coffee... but not as good as Spanish... and NOWHERE near as good as Italian. :drool:
My experience too but now I think you can find good coffee in many place as tons of gourmet places have shot up in around Europe. Still not like in Italy where you will find an amazing coffee culture all over the place and not have to look to hard.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
rofl, an American complaining about bad coffee...

(I'm assuming you're a yank)
LOL... While I see your point but there are two sides to the US and you cant make those generalizations. We are the land of contradictions.
  • We have Miller and Coors, but we also have Stone Brewery and Lagunitas.
  • We have McDonalds, but we also have California cuisine, Asian fusion, southwestern, southern, cajun and creole.
  • We have Velveeta cheese, but then we also have california artisan chevre, Wisconsin or Vermont cheddar

Likewise for our coffee, we have Folgers, but we also have Petes, Tilly etc.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fvck France. Hate that whole goddamn country.
Is it because they are different then you? France has a disproportionate amount of beautiful women. Who are very slutty and seemingly love drunk Americans. They have awesome Mountains, good food, and slutty women. So go ahead and hate on France, because I am sure they are hating on you too.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Is it because they are different then you? France has a disproportionate amount of beautiful women. Who are very slutty and seemingly love drunk Americans. They have awesome Mountains, good food, and slutty women. So go ahead and hate on France, because I am sure they are hating on you too.
He grew up in the want-to-be-french-state, a case of self hate I guess.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The coffee in France was better than the Northern Euro version of coffee... but not as good as Spanish... and NOWHERE near as good as Italian. :drool:
It's good but in most places not perfect and I'm yet to find a place in italy to make me a Chemex or a Cold drip (seriously that would be the best thing ever for their stupid hot weather)

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Nope Nevada is the evil anti France. Even Mormons are leary of Nevada....
Now I understand that it was the environment I grew up in that predisposes me to want to drop dirty bombs on the French.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
What? Have you ever been to France and how much acid did you drop? Most French women are horrible. Maybe not british horrible but imho London is better than Paris while none of that cities is representable because half of the girls are not from around there.
Hot Girls - any Slavik country. Slovenia is awesome.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What? Have you ever been to France and how much acid did you drop? Most French women are horrible. Maybe not british horrible but imho London is better than Paris while none of that cities is representable because half of the girls are not from around there.
Compared to the Polish girls I grew up with in Buffalo NY they were hot. Even the Algerian hookers in Marseile and Toulon were effin gorgeous. I have been twice and the quality of the talent was amazing. Only Rome had better. We have a fair amount of Slavic girls here in the states. As slutty and gorgeous as they are I like to awaken with the same amount of money in my wallet as I went to sleep with. I haven't taken any acid since Jerry Garcia died. So there toughguy....

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Compared to the Polish girls I grew up with in Buffalo NY they were hot. Even the Algerian hookers in Marseile and Toulon were effin gorgeous. I have been twice and the quality of the talent was amazing. Only Rome had better. We have a fair amount of Slavic girls here in the states. As slutty and gorgeous as they are I like to awaken with the same amount of money in my wallet as I went to sleep with. I haven't taken any acid since Jerry Garcia died. So there toughguy....
Dude... Jerry is still alive. You are just having a bad trip man... Dont take the brown acid again.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If think you are the one tripping. Hot British women :confused:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If think you are the one tripping. Hot British women :confused:
Since when horrible is a synonym for hot? London has a lot of hot chicks because it's a huge multicultural city = girls from all around the world. Go to any other british place and you are SOL.

As for Polish chicks in the US. Poland is not the smarest country but the people that went away to the US are like our representation to the special olympics so no wonder you got bad experiance with them ;) My friends unkle still sends him toiled paper from Chicago... TBH I think I live in a silly country full of halfwits but the girls are the only reason it is still ok to stay here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Owlsley for the WIN!
We wouldn't have a Live Performance Industry if it wasn't for Owlsley. It's a shame he is renowned for drugs, as a sound engineer he was a genius. He invented the Modern Sound Array and the Wall of Sound.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
grngl... I am not necessarily convinced that the WOS was actually a positive contribution to music - the grinch
When was the last show in an arena or larger club you went to that didn't have a Massive Array hanging on the left and right sides of the stage along with FOH monitors all over the stage? In fact most small clubs also use his WOS principles to mimic a larger space.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
When was the last show in an arena or larger club you went to that didn't have a Massive Array hanging on the left and right sides of the stage along with FOH monitors all over the stage? In fact most small clubs also use his WOS principles to mimic a larger space.....
Last public performance JBP went to, Lincoln got shot. It spooked him and he hasn't been to one since.