Quantcast

Dear Lance Armstrong... (funny content)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Found this on another board...

"Dear Lance,

I heard that you won the Tour de France (?) for a seventh time and I just wanted to congratulate you. I couldn't find your e-mail address so I'm kinda hoping they get "e-mail" in France or Paris or whichever country you are in.

So what's up? Was it hard training for the Tour de France? What kind of bicycle did you use? I got a Huffy (sp?) a few years ago but can't figure out how to ride it. I think it needs a chain. Did your mom know you raced? I think my parents wouldn't give me permission. They don't like the French because they fought against us in the Gulf wars. My Dad says if he ever meets someone from France he will call them "freedom fries" not "French fries."

Anyway. What is going on? They say that you are from Plano but I don't believe it. Like someone can ride a bike across the ocean. Wasn't born on a turnip truck! What gear did you use in the Tour de France (sp?)?

I'm trying to think of what has happened since you have been gone ... Oh, my cat died. Rickets. He was old. My parents had him I think before I was born but he would always make a mess on the rug and make my dad mad. It looked weird. I think he would eat rubber bands. Plus, they bombed London.

Hey, if you ever come to Texas, you should come to my house. We have the extra bedroom since my sister started dating Juan and Dad made her move out. We could go for a bike ride around my block. You will probably beat me, because I have to use my feet on account of the no-chain thing. Anyway, glad you won. If you ever need someone to ride with you in a Tour de France somewhere, just let me know. I could borrow a chain and we could try to win! Anyhoo, good job, I'll be rooting for you.

LYLAS,

JAzbutis

P.S.: Have you ever won a Super Bowl?"

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
*this just in: some kid from Pinkbike received an autographed jersey in the mail from Lance Armstrong for writing him a nice letter!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
you are an angry individual. Halo tonight?
Possibly w/ my nephew. I have to pick him up after work.

I won't be home till after about 9 pm PST.

Then we will kill kill kill.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
The scary thing is I have college students I teach that literally ramble on like that when they speak, it takes 15 minutes to make a point...................ugh!