Quantcast

Dear New England monkeys!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
So I decided on a whim to go on a trip to Boston with a friend of mine. We're going from Nov 2-8. We are looking for fun things to do and I am also looking to spend a day riding. Anyone that wants to meet up for a beer or to show me some fun trails let me know! I was looking at riding Kingdom trails because I have heard a lot about them and it seems the shops in the area rent decent bikes. I am open to anything though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
KT is about 3.5 hr from boston, just so you are aware. There is great riding there, but just be aware that it isn't a quick trip, and November is FUCKING COLD in northern vermont. Not "middle of winter" cold, but you need to be prepared. Boston will be way more temperate.

I suggest a pub crawl, there is some good local riding, and maybe visiting one of our fine sportsing teams.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Another option is hitting Highland for some good ole bike park adventure, if they are still open. There aren't many places within 1hr of driving that offer a whole day of riding here, and not too many bike rental shops either - but you can typically rent a demo for around $100/day in the better bike shops. Hit us up before you arrive, we'll figure something out. Where are you arriving from, @lovebunny?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Lynn Woods! See if you can hook up with a local though, it can be a bit confusing and really suck if you don’t know the trails.

Harold Parker is really good as well. Vietnam (Milford, Ma) is enjoyable too, just in a different way.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
a nice lady passing by in a truck reminded me it was hunting season last thursday. i thanked her, pointed out my orange plaid shirt, and told her i’d be impressed if any hunters were as deep in the woods as inwas planning to be.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Its hunting season stay home... Lynnwoods is cool....
I'm perfectly comfortable with hunters.
a nice lady passing by in a truck reminded me it was hunting season last thursday. i thanked her, pointed out my orange plaid shirt, and told her i’d be impressed if any hunters were as deep in the woods as inwas planning to be.
I'm fine with hunters too, but in my experience they're most often not fine with mountain bikers
Not my experience, from Vermont down to North Carolina.
I know it's not New England (or even North America...) but....
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/british-mountain-biker-shot-dead-in-morzine-by-hunter.html