Quantcast

debating a new bike

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
im rocking a sinister gruitr right now i love it and its a wicked nice bike but i feel like its time for a diffrent rig, im kinda leaning towards something with a little more travel like a tr 250. but to be honest i dont really know what i want theres just way to may choices and i have no clue what frame i want. i wanna stay in the slope style type bike range but like a mini dh seems very close to a slope bike. what say you monkeys?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
If you are planning on staying at Highland again next year, definitely keep the Gruitr. That was the perfect bike for that mountain.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i cant deniy its awesome at highland i got it set with a fox 36 and a vivid air in 6.5 mode. i even raced on it but i kinda feel like i wanna get something more along the lines of a mini dh. little slacker and a little more travel would be nice for the really bumpy stuff.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
i cant deniy its awesome at highland i got it set with a fox 36 and a vivid air in 6.5 mode. i even raced on it but i kinda feel like i wanna get something more along the lines of a mini dh. little slacker and a little more travel would be nice for the really bumpy stuff.
The TR250 looks like a sweet little ride, it was on my list. I wanted a mini-DH bike, and ultimately decided on a Scott Voltage FR10 because it was 73/135 spacing and had a full 1.5" HT. The Intense SSII was the third I was considering.

Here's my VFR as it sits now:

36.75lbs with the Lyric Solo Air and coil shock, Outlaws and real DH tires. 63 degree HA with the angleset and offset shock hardware. It's not a full on DH bike for sure, but I don't race. It's just a rad little DH machine.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
The TR250 looks like a sweet little ride, it was on my list. I wanted a mini-DH bike, and ultimately decided on a Scott Voltage FR10 because it was 73/135 spacing and had a full 1.5" HT. The Intense SSII was the third I was considering.

Here's my VFR as it sits now:

36.75lbs with the Lyric Solo Air and coil shock, Outlaws and real DH tires. 63 degree HA with the angleset and offset shock hardware. It's not a full on DH bike for sure, but I don't race. It's just a rad little DH machine.
i was actually thinking about one of them the frame seems wicked nice. but last i checked they where complete only

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
The FR10's were available as a frameset, that's how I bought mine. I think they still are.

Might want to take a look at the Kona Entourage also.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If you are willing to pay extra for a 2nd schock and shock shuttle you can make the voltage a ss and a freeride bike at the same time.

As for mini dh bikes - fanatic has a very nice price on the morewood kalula.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
The FR10's were available as a frameset, that's how I bought mine. I think they still are.

Might want to take a look at the Kona Entourage also.
i dont see anything on the scott site and it doesnt look like the entourage is frame only either.

If you are willing to pay extra for a 2nd schock and shock shuttle you can make the voltage a ss and a freeride bike at the same time.

As for mini dh bikes - fanatic has a very nice price on the morewood kalula.
to be honest i totally forgot about morewood i may look into them as well.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
TR250 sounds great. Why not make a list of the bikes and knock out the ones that you don't like, and then put them in this thread to evaluate. Transition bottle rocket?

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
TR250 sounds great. Why not make a list of the bikes and knock out the ones that you don't like, and then put them in this thread to evaluate. Transition bottle rocket?
if im not mistaken the bottle rocket is a 140 rear wheel bike. the thing about a list of bike i would like is i know a ton of bikes but and can make suggestions of ones for friends but i never know what frame i want.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
another friend of mine wants it as well (kinda dont think he will pay then 100 for it) but its yours if i do anything and if and when it falls through with him. for what its worth if any one else is interested its a size small(i think) sinister gruitr with a rs vivid air rc2