Quantcast

Debt Collectors: Why can't you shoot them?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I am not a lawyer so I can't confirm this... Can't most state bar associations kick you out for being a retard on the internet? If the building had roaches or vermin and it can be attributed to you. It can easily cost way more then 2K to get rid of them. Fumigation and remdiation is pretty expensive too...
1st Amendment my friend, its like a security blanket for the stupid.

We don't have roaches in the high desert, so nice try.
And there weren't vermin. My dogs took care of anything and everything that might have come in.

So where did you go to school to learn to be such a douche nozzle?

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
It's a Justin Timberlake masterpiece.
I actually liked the movie. Maybe because it was a true story. I love non-fiction. Timberlake acting ability? .......It wasnt THAT bad, because of the type of movie it was. Had he played a serious role it would have been pretty funny.BUT the reason the movie is so good, JAKE MAZURSKY!!
Did you here timberlake kill that scene at the end? Oscar?.....:weee:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My dogs took care of everything....

So where did you go to school to learn to be such a douche nozzle?
The property management company I worked for made me take a class before I could inspect recently vacated apartments for them. How were the carpets and pads underneath them?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The property management company I worked for made me take a class before I could inspect recently vacated apartments for them. How were the carpets and pads underneath them?
Other than the blood from virgin sacrifices, pretty alright.

The apartment its self was pretty clapped out when I moved in, and I took photos to back that up. It was built in the 70's, so there was previous water damage, time damages, and just general wear and tear.

I spoke to a friend who is a contractor for some local apartments here (though not this one) and having been in my place, he was convinced that for $2300 he could have redone the entire apartment, appliances and all.

I told the debt collector to send me a itemized list of damages, along with photos to back that up. I think that since they can't rent the unit above me (kid killed himself) and since I think the community is having issues that they're trying to bleed every last cent out of its current and former renters.

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
Other than the blood from virgin sacrifices, pretty alright.

The apartment its self was pretty clapped out when I moved in, and I took photos to back that up. It was built in the 70's, so there was previous water damage, time damages, and just general wear and tear.

I spoke to a friend who is a contractor for some local apartments here (though not this one) and having been in my place, he was convinced that for $2300 he could have redone the entire apartment, appliances and all.

I told the debt collector to send me a itemized list of damages, along with photos to back that up. I think that since they can't rent the unit above me (kid killed himself) and since I think the community is having issues that they're trying to bleed every last cent out of its current and former renters.
WHY is this amount of dough even a discussion. All they can due is take your deposit. Was that 2000? you could built them a fvking new one for 2000. laugh at them and forget.................

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My credit WAS good enough that I was able to do a "deposit bond" which meant I paid $35 to some company and they took the deposit out for me.

Now the apartment/deposit company want some cash from me, which isn't going to be happening.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
As a lawyer couldn't you disbarred for breach of contract by walking away from a lease agreement or not filling the terms of a lease (which to my understanding is contract)? I would think that you would not want to risk any sort of judgment against yourself..... Regardless of the fact that they violated the FDCPA by contacting your ex-wife.

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
My credit WAS good enough that I was able to do a "deposit bond" which meant I paid $35 to some company and they took the deposit out for me.

Now the apartment/deposit company want some cash from me, which isn't going to be happening.
Your credit MAY have been" good". But that is just an illusion if you cant scrap up the dough for a deposit?
I have never seen a apt thats deposit was more than a months rent. If you needed "some" company to hook you up for 35 bones. you were trippin from the jump..........sorry.....

If some company loaned you money. Read what you sign FIRST. If there was no walk thru (pictures of the damage) why are you even worried? They WILL need evidence of the damage to collect a dime.And for 2000 there better be MAJOR water/fire damage. So they are trying to shake you down , so what? take a picture of your nut sack and send it to them as payment. case closed....

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
As a lawyer couldn't you disbarred for breach of contract by walking away from a lease agreement or not filling the terms of a lease (which to my understanding is contract)? I would think that you would not want to risk any sort of judgment against yourself..... Regardless of the fact that they violated the FDCPA by contacting your ex-wife.
Nope.
You can sue me just like a regular person, but I cannot be disbarred for that.
You make some assumptions about what standards lawyers are held to that are just not true. We're regular people, entitled to the same rights and ability to be stupid just like you. The judge might come down harder on us, but we can't be kicked out of our way of earning because we don't honor an unfair or disadvantageous contract.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Since Nevada is a full disclosure state, they have to tell you if something like that happened.

I moved out 8 months ago, went to visit a friend who lives over there. She told me they still are unable to rent the place because I guess the whole suicide by shotgun thing puts people off.