Quantcast

debugging js/dojo/css in chrome

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
firefox is dead to me, & i'm a pants-off-dance-off fanboi of chrome.

problem is, i don't know of a plugin that competes w/ firebug. anybody speak to how effective the 'developer tools' (ctrl-shift-i) option is, and how it competes w/ firebug?

i'm hoping this'll be the best thing since packetized mayonnaise

What [are] Chrome Developer Tools?

The Google Chrome Developer Tools provide an integrated environment for debugging, optimizing, and understanding a web application, or website, running in Google Chrome. The developer tools are developed partly through the WebKit open source project, where the tools are called Web Inspector.
  • Here are some of the things you can do with the Chrome Developer Tools:
  • Live edit DOM and CSS to master your web page looks.
  • Debug JavaScript using graphical debugger with advanced breakpoints support.
  • Analyze the execution time of all your functions to improve the speed of your app.
  • Trace reflows and repaints as your app loads.
  • Explore what is stored within HTML5 local storage databases.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
:drool:

now all i have to do is figure out why when i upgraded from dojo 1.4 to 1.5 my fields won't stay readOnly *after* i set them to not readOnly (but it does gray out)

dijit.byId( <someWidgetId> ).readOnly = 'true'; refuses to play nice now
even substituting 'dojo' for 'dijit' (now walking the DOM) won't do it either

grrr...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
did you know you can enter dojo expr while stopped @ a breakpoint in FF?

so, you can enter an expr in the 'watch' tab: dojo.date.stamp.toISOString( new Date (), {zulu:true} );

so as long as you have the appropriate @import in your jsp, you're off to the races. a very good rapid prototyping tool.

/echo off

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
did you know you can enter dojo expr while stopped @ a breakpoint in FF?

so, you can enter an expr in the 'watch' tab: dojo.date.stamp.toISOString( new Date (), {zulu:true} );

so as long as you have the appropriate @import in your jsp, you're off to the races. a very good rapid prototyping tool.

/echo off
Sooooo....the packetized mayonnaise was great success???