Quantcast

:>) December begins (<:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Changing a rigid steel fork for a rigid carbon fork is a dumb waste of money, right?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the birds have returned to the feeders en force. even some of the woodpeckers are back.

there is a chiropractors office in a house i pass on my way to work. they have one of those 12' skeletons from halloween. they hadn't taken it down yet, and this morning there was a santa hat and scarf on it. will try to get a picture.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kill me please. This sales final next week that I've been wrapped up into is not settling well with me. I haven't done anything of this form in over a decade and found out yesterday that the weight of the presentation is on me. We had a dry-run of the pitch yesterday and my piece was torn to shit, so despite preparing as I've been directed, I'm effectively not ready. Up every hour last night seemingly with food poisoning, but unable to get back to sleep because I was running different scenarios and ways of going through my part all night long. I have a new route for my part of the proposal in place, but still not super happy where this is going. These are "have seizures" levels of stress.

Couple of important 1:1 meetings and teaching a class today. But otherwise my time is all focused on this presentation for the next week.

What's shitty about the timing is that it's the day after Haley's go-kart league race and I don't think that I'll be able to take her. Wifey has Hannah to deal with so that I can practice, so there's nobody who can take her to the races. I've gotta figure that out too. Yay!:banghead:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
still feel like shit, but getting better. Headed back upstate in a couple weeks to bury G-Pa. Thinking about signing up for the Mt Washington hillclimb...a bit sad that I qualify as a clydesdale though (190lb limit)

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
work wants to get the team together for a happy hour, and I dont feel that I have enough fvcks left in the tank to even go to that
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the birds have returned to the feeders en force. even some of the woodpeckers are back.

there is a chiropractors office in a house i pass on my way to work. they have one of those 12' skeletons from halloween. they hadn't taken it down yet, and this morning there was a santa hat and scarf on it. will try to get a picture.
Guy down the street did that. Had a pilgrim hat last month, now has a robe, beard and hat. It's pretty epic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Guy down the street did that. Had a pilgrim hat last month, now has a robe, beard and hat. It's pretty epic.

There are two of those things that have setup permanent residence in my neighborhood and just change costumes as the seasons change. It has gone from neat and quirky to 'you people need to get a life' in about a year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Went to adjust my body pillow in the night, hand slipped off and I punched myself square in the testicles with dismaying force. Perfect metaphor for my life.

In other news, the child may have her first cold. So that's fun.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are two of those things that have setup permanent residence in my neighborhood and just change costumes as the seasons change. It has gone from neat and quirky to 'you people need to get a life' in about a year.
Pretty sure the HOA will step in come New Years. But he is a cop, so there is that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have a body pillow as well. Got it on a lark at Costco and I love it.

Work today, only mildly overworked, and then dinner paid for by work tonight, with a newly starting faculty member + my wife + some others from my section.