Quantcast

:>) December begins (<:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sister in laws place of employment is renting out local bbq joint so ceo or some shit can do meet and greet...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It’s the start of Summer in Aotearoa! Yay! Well actually it was yesterday but today is actually sunny and blue sky so calling it. Seasonal forecast says hot and humid.

@stoney Good luck and box breathing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
work is devolving into me somehow or another becoming ticket queue nanny because I am interested in being team lead, FTS
Hopefully the "Team Lead" position means more $$. Last company I worked for my manager was lamenting nobody wanting the Team Lead position. I told him it was directly because it would be more time working for no more $$. Ain't nobody got time for that shit. :disgust1:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hopefully the "Team Lead" position means more $$. Last company I worked for my manager was lamenting nobody wanting the Team Lead position. I told him it was directly because it would be more time working for no more $$. Ain't nobody got time for that shit. :disgust1:
Middle management is the worst job.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
newp, dont think there is any more money in it, though I have not formally asked (will do that this week)
and the only other person who is "eligible" would befoul things further being a "team lead"
going to poke around on the internal job board

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
an HOA is basically a Karen and the manager all in one
yeah fuck that shit. for the brief and awful period that we had to live in florida, we had not one, but TWO hoa's (a master community one and a subdivision one). i remember one day we cam home and all of the vegetation in the front of the house had been ripped out, with no notice . . . replanted completely differently the next day. it was also awful the year that 3 hurricanes came through and they tried to force everyone to replace the backyard fences, no matter wether yours had been damaged or not. AWFL. never again.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
yeah fuck that shit. for the brief and awful period that we had to live in florida, we had not one, but TWO hoa's (a master community one and a subdivision one). i remember one day we cam home and all of the vegetation in the front of the house had been ripped out, with no notice . . . replanted completely differently the next day. it was also awful the year that 3 hurricanes came through and they tried to force everyone to replace the backyard fences, no matter wether yours had been damaged or not. AWFL. never again.
glad mine is pretty chill, they just coordinate keeping the pool maintained, and the grass cut near the playground thing

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
HOA = kill list
Our city (100k people) has an HOA but no board. It is however run like a board. It is nice in that they keep the crazies in check. There is a guy who keeps putting different Q and Trump flags on his porch, which is along the busiest street in town. I can only imagine the number of c&d letters he's received at this point, because they only last 1-2 days. I've never had a project not get approved and I only once had to do something - stain the 40' long street facing segment of my fence a specific shade of brown.

Small HOAs suck. Govt scale HOAs are nice.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We don’t have an HOA, just the cuntiest old Karen, whose son happens to be county sheriff. He receives no end of shit from his colleagues about his nutso mom.
She honestly will call the cops if, for example, leaves blow into her (unmaintained) yard.
Boostindoubles can testify.
She called the cops on little children laughing once, at 2:00 pm. She sits in her window most of the day holding her iPhone to take pictures of anything odd.
She called the cops on a domino’s pizza driver that turned around in her driveway.
The list goes on.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Assuming my deck color-change doesn't raise hackles from the mountain-house HOA I'm ok with them. $250/year to stock the trout pond and groom the trail around it for XC skiing in the winter, basically, plus they enforce that people don't have Class A RVs parked in their driveway year round, etc.

My Denver HOA is fine, too. $43/mo, much of which goes to subsidizing our dozen or so community pools. No issues with them in our current house.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Had a pair of kick ass rehearsals with my MS and HS Bands today. Productive lessons and got my observation report back....I am highly effective at filling our paperwork and teaching my kiddos. Think I'll have a glass of wine and hit the hot tub while dinner is in the instant pot.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just found out from manager I'm getting pulled off primary person for sales final. He saw that I was about to have a breakdown and wanted to have me focus on my 1-1 work with people instead. I'll still be doing part, but as a support, not the lead.

I feel so much fucking better; I thought I was going to have a fucking seizure.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just found out from manager I'm getting pulled off primary person for sales final. He saw that I was about to have a breakdown and wanted to have me focus on my 1-1 work with people instead. I'll still be doing part, but as a support, not the lead.

I highly recommend that you take some personal time and go wander around in the woods by yourself. No work, no kids, no wife, no friends, just you. Find a nice spot with a view and sit yer ass down and do fucking nothing for a couple hours. And don't give me any shit about how you don't have time because of... Make time for you or you won't have any for anyone else.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
HOA's probably wouldn't be required if blight laws were enforc

That's good news.

But today, I'm still glad I'm not @stoney.

:D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I highly recommend that you take some personal time and go wander around in the woods by yourself. No work, no kids, no wife, no friends, just you. Find a nice spot with a view and sit yer ass down and do fucking nothing for a couple hours. And don't give me any shit about how you don't have time because of... Make time for you or you won't have any for anyone else.
I'm dropping a package at USPS then coming home and going to sleep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
HOA's probably wouldn't be required if blight laws were enforc

That's good news.

But today, I'm still glad I'm not @stoney.

:D

You should check out Seattle. blight laws strictly enforced and not at all. There was a homeless guy who parked 3 junk cars and 20 or so lawnmowers, and built buildings on the sidewalk including a metal shop. The property owner complained to every city organization possible with no response. They he got fined for all the shit on the sidewalk in front of his property.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should check out Seattle. blight laws strictly enforced and not at all. There was a homeless guy who parked 3 junk cars and 20 or so lawnmowers, and built buildings on the sidewalk including a metal shop. The property owner complained to every city organization possible with no response. They he got fined for all the shit on the sidewalk in front of his property.
Tell me more about this hobo metal shop

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our HOA is supposed to be just to oversee the non-county maintained roads in our 'hood. Gives me a snow plow to cruise around in when (if) we get snow. Anything above road related I tend to push back on.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well gents, I'm still alive and feeling a lot better. Not normal, but not wanting to die. 3hr nap has it's value. Time for a quick dinner and back to bed.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It is very fucking hot. Officially day two of summer, it’s 24°C in my backroom at 8pm and humid af. I am a bit stinky.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tell me more about this hobo metal shop

Well I didn't exactly get a tour, but reports of a loud generator, bumping stereo and angle grinder noises were reported until the wee hours.

Last year another metal shop was reported in a public park that included 3 phase power generator with full plasma cutting and MIG/TIG capabilities. I believe it'd end days came from fire.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well I didn't exactly get a tour, but reports of a loud generator, bumping stereo and angle grinder noises were reported until the wee hours.

Last year another metal shop was reported in a public park that included 3 phase power generator with full plasma cutting and MIG/TIG capabilities. I believe it'd end days came from fire.
I wonder what kind of hobo fabrication they were doing. I'd like to think it was hobo robots built to fight in a hobo robot thunderdome, where they fight hobo robot battles to the hobo robot death.