Quantcast

December rollers, jumps and pumps at Vassar

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
December 2nd: The sun's out and the grass is green...Let's ride!!:biggrin:

The two Jeremys pulled a Stosh ;), so it was Rob and me and two non monkies at Vassar Farms in Poughkeepsie.

After winding through the trails, we landed at Super 8-- that's 8 climbs and 8 steep rollers. There are lots of BMX jumps and northshore stunts , so we couldn't resist playing around.

Rob on a roller

I check in at the Super 8

Tai follows

Kathy enjoys one of the rollers

Nothing is too tall for Tai

Rob coming off a small rock launch

We hit the BMX jumps and pump track. Rob clears the first tabletop

Kathy brought out her trials bike. I felt like a clown, but it was a great way to practice balance and trackstands

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
How was your trip through the ceiling, BTW?
Interesting, If you look closely at new windows, you'll see they have theese thin strips the stick stright up. This thin strips help keep the seal on the window and they really dig into your arm has it hangs out the window for dear life :bonk:
Rob(aka Mr. Battery) which rechargebable battery would be good for my gps unit?

Tai

Chimp
...two non monkies at Vassar Farms in Poughkeepsie...

<snip>
Make that "one non monkey". I've been a member here for years; I just don't post much. Frankly, this is the first time I've been here in a very long time.

Thanks for the tour of Vassar; looking forward to another go-around, and some Stewart action. I'd be happy to return the favor at Trumbull or Sprain, if you're feeling daring. :brows:

Rob, the shot of me clearing the log pile is SCHWEET. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

Tai

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Interesting, If you look closely at new windows, you'll see they have theese thin strips the stick stright up. This thin strips help keep the seal on the window and they really dig into your arm has it hangs out the window for dear life :bonk:
Rob(aka Mr. Battery) which rechargebable battery would be good for my gps unit?
Uh, what size battery does it take?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Make that "one non monkey". I've been a member here for years; I just don't post much. Frankly, this is the first time I've been here in a very long time.

Thanks for the tour of Vassar; looking forward to another go-around, and some Stewart action. I'd be happy to return the favor at Trumbull or Sprain, if you're feeling daring. :brows:

Cheers,

Tai
After seeing all the photos of Sprain, it looks pretty cool. I'm game. As soon as m forearms start working again, that is.

I'm pretty pleased the way most of the photos came out. Nice little camera that Kathy has there.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

Cheers,

Tai
Good to see you on here, Tai. I'm certainly up for exploring some new trails :biggrin:

Tai

Chimp
2 x AA batteries
Is Tai the MT. climber guy?
I'm dieing to go again. want to try climbing up
ice this winter (if it ever getse cold enough)
Yup. I work for Alpine Endeavors, up at the Gunks. Certified guide for rock, working on ice certification (have to wait another year to meet the minimum time requirement; I have the rest of the req's completed).

Ice, hmmm...? Get ready to suffer. :brows:

T

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Yup. I work for Alpine Endeavors, up at the Gunks. Certified guide for rock, working on ice certification (have to wait another year to meet the minimum time requirement; I have the rest of the req's completed).

Ice, hmmm...? Get ready to suffer. :brows:

T
Don't need a certified guide, just someone who nows what they're doing. If not we can always top rope it. Ice=suffer? Its a good kinda pain:cheers:

Tai

Chimp
Remember that thought when you get the Screaming Barfies. It won't help with the pain, but it might distract you a little from the puking. *snicker*

Give it a try, it's wicked fun.

And, the thread is successfully hijacked. :cheers:

T

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Cool shots, looks like good times. That a mighty fine job on clearing that big timber as well, you can tell by the lack of marks not many try.:cheers:

Too bad I had to go to the dentist.....ouch! :bonk:

Me and a few of the Fats in the Cats guys met up at Blue Mountain on that Sunday. Wow! It's is a fun and sometimes a little rough place.

I hope to get some more weekends in before any wintery weather kicks in. Of course, that won't stop the riding, but making studded tires is a pain.:biggrin:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Too bad I had to go to the dentist.....ouch! :bonk:

Me and a few of the Fats in the Cats guys met up at Blue Mountain on that Sunday. Wow! It's is a fun and sometimes a little rough place.

I hope to get some more weekends in before any wintery weather kicks in. Of course, that won't stop the riding, but making studded tires is a pain.:biggrin:
We missed you there. Maybe if it's nice Saturday we'll head out again. I've got a few ideas for fixing some ladder bridges and adding one or two here and there.