Quantcast

Decide between demo or summum

Gaga

Chimp
Oct 14, 2010
Hey guys! I am in the process of deciding what Dh\microFr frame to buy. I like !GEOMETRY!, weight, style, color.....That will advise:confused:

mondraker summum 11 or spec demo 8 11:confused:

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Who doesn't like geometry?

I doubt your biggest problem is going to be deciding. Both frames are going to be pretty tough to get. Focus on the differences between the two frames if you have a hard time deciding. See which one is closer to your size. You like long or short chainstays? You like the VPP feel or the FSR feel?

Gaga

Chimp
Oct 14, 2010
cs 421 vs 435 (adjastable)
I ridden only fsr and single pivot. VPP its mystery for me.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Seriously differances in virtual pivot designs can be huge so going - do you ride vpp is a stupid question.

Id got for the summum if you want adjustability but the frame is quite lightweight so I hope you are not a crasher.

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
The two best frames on the market IMO. The Summum you sit between the wheels and the Demo you sit on the back wheel. I know we're talking 1.5cm's in the chainstay (plus growth for sag on the Summum) but it's that dramatic a difference when I've sat on the two. I think that's the deciding factor. The Demo feels great on super steep but everywhere else the Summum feels more balanced geometry wise.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
FSR is more my style. Its solid, its well built and known to last (well the old ones did). Im not into all this frame adjustment, i think it should be clean simple and race ready. I had quite a few goes on last years modle, and i was very impressed. If they have improved on that, then you cant really go wrong.. Looks pimp too

The Summum, is of course a great bike from what i have heard. I have only sat on one, lol so cant pass any ride judgement. But as stated above just too much adjustment going on, integrated hoses are a hassle and i dont like things made in spain ;-) (half a joke). But these are just my thoughts.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The two best frames on the market IMO. The Summum you sit between the wheels and the Demo you sit on the back wheel. I know we're talking 1.5cm's in the chainstay (plus growth for sag on the Summum) but it's that dramatic a difference when I've sat on the two. I think that's the deciding factor. The Demo feels great on super steep but everywhere else the Summum feels more balanced geometry wise.
Demo is sit on the back? It's longer than most bikes and short in the back. Id say otherwise. I always felt streched on M demos. I like it but due to their geo it's not as easy to hang in the back.

As for best bikes. Id easily get a Legend, Jedi 2011, DHR or Superco/Zerode if they are ever available. Though you can get better prices on Demo and Mondraker.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Demo is sit on the back? It's longer than most bikes and short in the back. Id say otherwise. I always felt streched on M demos. I like it but due to their geo it's not as easy to hang in the back.
Meaning you sit on the back wheel. All the length is in the front center.

As you say they are long bikes. A small is longer than most manufacturers medium.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Meaning you sit on the back wheel. All the length is in the front center.

As you say they are long bikes. A small is longer than most manufacturers medium.
Oh yeah. I was rather thinking on your body position regardless of the wheels, not weight balance.

Gaga - mondraker is a really light frame. You can drop any properly designed frame if the landing is not flat but if you want to trash around it wouldnt be my frame of choice. To be hones demo wouldnt either though but I'm not a fan of spesh.