Quantcast

Decided to sell off my old Gary

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A couple of years ago this bike was donated to charity via my old shop, but after taking one look at it when it was brought in, I had to have it, so I brought the bike from the charity in order to keep it.
Moving on a few years I have to admit I'm never going to have the time to give it the love or space display it properly.
So today I bit the bullet and put it up on a retro/collectable. MTB page on farce book... kinda bummed, but it has to be done.

1992 Gary Fisher Super caliber in amazingly good and original condition.
Comes complete with original owners manual, a printout from the shop that sold it, listing every single part of the bike in case you wish to return to factory spec.
It has upgraded Ringle ti QR's, but the original shimano ones are with the bike, in as new unused condition.
FULL Deore XT though out, except for the rear pads that have been replaced (still has the original XT canti pads in the front!!!)
I haven't weighted it, but wow it's light!!! At a guess 9-10kg?
In it's day it would have been an absolute show stopper top end bike.

Has had one rim replaced hence the silver front and the black Ambrosia on the rear... the original XT M735 hubs still spin like a dream though!

Attachments

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh man, this brings back memories. I had a ‘93 Hairy Fishnet Pro Cal European team frame when I worked in a shop. It was steel and lightweight. First steel frame and I had and could tell a huge difference from the aluminum frames.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Gary's are for riding. Occasionally you can rent a Gary for riding. But selling a Gary somehow seems wrong.