Quantcast

Decisions, Decisions

Road Bike or new XC Trail & race bike???

• Total voters

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Road bikes are pretty high priced if you don't know how much you're going to use it or like it. Plus, I think a fresh, new top of the line mtb frame would be put to better use by you than a new road bike.

I have had a road/CX bike for years and do random rides and training, but I use my XC bike way more.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Roadie. Roadie roadie roadie.

I never thought I'd enjoy skinny tires as much as I do. They are two completely different worlds, and you'll find that you will have the urge to do one on one day, and the other the next.

And speed is like a drug. Think about that.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorgie said:
At one time Instigator had a women's road bike in his basement he was looking to unload. I don't know what size it was or if he still has it, but you might want to talk to him. You have been lusting after the 575 for a while now, but what ever motivates you to ride more is what you should get.
I have no desire to ride anymore, but I still enjoy looking at bikes. If you buy something just because it looks nice, but it doesn't make you want to ride more then it's a waste. i think I would enjoy a road bike, but I can't justify getting one because the drivers around here suck and I end up riding in the dirt on the shoulder anyway. See you this weekend! (Hopefully)
:eek: :help: You just need to hit the trails with me again and you'll love it in no time :D
I'll keep that in mind (about Instigator).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
T, that Jeckyl is dope. If it were larger I'd buy it. As far as travel goes, it's perfect for what we ride 99% of the time. I vote keep the J and get a roadie. Or, more importantly, get a FR/DH bike for Jiminy/Diablo/etc.. Didn't you say something about an ASX?
Yes, I own an ASX and will be getting it this weekend :love:
Maybe Kell needs a Jekyll :devil: or a Disco Monkey.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
Sell the Jeckyl and K2 - get an entry level roadie and apply the other funds toward a 575 fund.
That's what I was hoping to do...we'll see how it works out.

I have been lusting for a 575 since I rode Sq-Earl's and another friend of mine has a small that I abused for about 2 weeks last summer :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
That's what I was hoping to do...we'll see how it works out.

I have been lusting for a 575 since I rode Sq-Earl's and another friend of mine has a small that I abused for about 2 weeks last summer :D
HOLY FAWK! I just finished the build and this thing is FVCKING SaWEET! I think the owner of the shop liked it, and if we become dealers, maybe I could get you a deal!

I can't get a good photo of it now cause the light sucks and it is pitch black out. (we just got hit with a nastyA$$ hailstorm) but I can tell you it is super stealth in the black ano! I cant wait to do the shakedown ride!