Quantcast

Deck Party Pics.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
no good action shots of me meeting the stem? That's too bad, I'm still a little tender today.

You and Rob missed out on some great photo ops on Sunday, I was practicing wheelie dropping and I went to far back, the first time my ass broke my fall on a pallet, and the second time my whole back met the pallet, but I got some mean distance. Earl and I had a good laugh over it. Not nearly as painful as the stem to the groin.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
no good action shots of me meeting the stem? That's too bad, I'm still a little tender today.

You and Rob missed out on some great photo ops on Sunday, I was practicing wheelie dropping and I went to far back, the first time my ass broke my fall on a pallet, and the second time my whole back met the pallet, but I got some mean distance. Earl and I had a good laugh over it. Not nearly as painful as the stem to the groin.
I think we were all just too busy wondering if you were going to get up to take a picture

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
What did you think of our trails Doug?
good stuff, definitely challanging........I need to get some wide stick-e rubber!!

The following day ( at Yukon Ridge) I found myself riding the technical stuff "Sq-Earl" style

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
we were gonna photo shop a pic of you on the stunts, so everybody would think you're so freeride, but we realized we have no pics of you on a bike....
Splat is bringing his camera with him tonight. Maybe a Stosh on a bike will be spotted....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
we were gonna photo shop a pic of you on the stunts, so everybody would think you're so freeride, but we realized we have no pics of you on a bike....

Stosh doesn't actually own a bike, he just runs alongside ours and points out all the roots and rocks

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Stosh doesn't actually own a bike, he just runs alongside ours and points out all the roots and rocks
It's not an easy thing to do you know!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
At long last....my highly anticipated Deck Party 2005 report & pics.

What can I say….another summer, another successful Deck Party. For those of you who missed it, eat your heart out and make sure you mark your calendars for next year ‘cause it’s going to be bigger and better ;)

Our DH ride was cancelled for 2 major reasons…1) only Earl was scheduled to go and 2) once again West Mountain decided to close early L . So, Sq-Earl grabbed his Yeti and joined in the XC/freeride assault on the SMBA Stables. Our group ride was substantially smaller than last year, but definitely didn’t lack in the fun department.

Here we are at the start on 107. From left to right: Crazy Sweeper, Douglas, Davis (non-:monkey: ) and TreeSaw.

Shortly down 107 there’s a fun rock to roll just before coming out to the carriage loop.

Douglas:

Crazy Sweeper:

TreeSaw:

Here we are climbing up a steep rock (pic doesn’t do it justice) called “Christmas Tree Rock” on the Bee Loop.

Crazy Sweeper:

Douglas:

TreeSaw:

TreeSaw showin’ Douglas & Crazy Sweeper (in the background) how to ride “Broken Wrist” a fun rock formation on the Bee Loop. They of course couldn’t let a smelly pregnant lady out-do them and had to try it out for themselves later (too bad the pics sucked :devil: )

Next we rode down to a nice lookout. Look carefully, Douglas & TreeSaw are trying to help Crazy Sweeper off the cliff ;)

Another steep rock roller on Bee.

Davis with TreeSaw coming around the bend in the background.

Douglas:

Crazy Sweeper:

Time for a snack while scooping out a sketchy drop.

Off to the Dam Loop. There is a REALLY steep (much more DH riding than XC) hill that connects the Peninsula Trail with the Dam Loop. The pics don’t even begin to do it justice, as it’s nearly vertical.

Sq-Earl (up close and personal):

Douglas (who couldn’t get any farther behind his seat and still hold on) :devil: Sorry...this pic should be rotated, but I forgot to do it before uploading it.

A funny shot of Douglas blasting down a hill and missing a turn on the Dam Loop ;)

Back home for a bit of food and keg #1 & 2

TreeSaw & Big Jake chillin’ in the driveway:

Douglas, robdamanii & bluebug32 chillin’ in the garage:

Crazy Sweeper’s been drinking ;)

It’s never safe to pass out early when there’s a bunch of drunk guys and hot dogs in the house. Poor Nick!

The drunk guys in the previous photo don’t ride MTB anymore…instead, they’ve formed their own motorcycle gang.

On to the stunts!!!

Zombie (my brother-in-law) doesn’t ride a MTB anymore, but was drunk enough to take Sq-Earl’s singlespeed out on the stunts…needless to say, it didn’t end so well :devil:

The Sunday Stuntline:

Crazy Sweeper wanted to practice some wheelie drops so Sq-Earl was on deck to demo proper form on his Cowan.

An early attempt by Crazy Sweeper didn’t look so good.

Crazy Sweeper trying again:

Crazy Sweeper meets with success:

Unfortunately, I missed the crash that happened later, but I gather it would have made a REALLY funny pic. :devil:

Sq-Earl riding the skinny with ease (he makes everything look so damn easy):

Sq-Earl heading over the teeter:

All-in-all, it was a good time. Sorry that some more :monkey: s and the jackalopes missed out this year. Maybe we’ll have a repeat in the fall. Next summer we hope to add a dirt jump line out back as well and we’ll have some more pics of people rocking the drop-berm-vortex creek jump.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks great T! Nice to actually see pics of our trails, gives me a better appreciation for what we have to ride. Pick a fall party date and I'm there!! I promise! :thumb:

P.S.-You should email those to Jamie to put up on the SMBA site!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Looks great T! Nice to actually see pics of our trails, gives me a better appreciation for what we have to ride. Pick a fall party date and I'm there!! I promise! :thumb:

P.S.-You should email those to Jamie to put up on the SMBA site!
True...I think I can post them though (I have them stored on photobucket).

Edit: done!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Looks like fun! I was plannig on going but I forgot that I had already told my family I'd meet them in Boston. I even considered skipping out until I remembered that we were meeting to go to Drum Corps worlds in Foxboro. Maybe next year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
JRogers said:
Looks like fun! I was plannig on going but I forgot that I had already told my family I'd meet them in Boston. I even considered skipping out until I remembered that we were meeting to go to Drum Corps worlds in Foxboro. Maybe next year.
Yeah, we missed you! Definitely try to make it out next time...you won't be disappointed.