Quantcast

Decorate my room

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Okay, so my family is building a house, and I get a new room.

I'm metro-like, so I want a "theme" decoration. I was thinking bicycle punk rock. I wanted black and white checkerboard for paint, but my mom vetoed black paint. Anyone have any ideas on paint? Wall hangings? I like the black and white kind of theme...trashy messenger punk? Modern? Furniture?

Keep in mind, this is for a 17 year old...yeeeah...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
What a queer.

Just slap some posters of a few emo bands on your wall, or a bikey frame for that matter, and call it good

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
black and white...i would never paint my room that color...i'd say do redwood tree paintaings all over and some bike posters...then put hardwood type furniture in the room and some leather...then a big giant bean bag.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
chicodude01 said:
What a queer.

Just slap some posters of a few emo bands on your wall, or a bikey frame for that matter, and call it good
I was thinking putting a few frames on the walls with bike posters, and a few punky posters (Think type: Sex Pistols, Iggy, Ramones, etc...nothing new) Very New York-ish.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i wouldnt go black and white. take it from a true player yo. black and white is for kitchens. go either deep reds or go with tan/ light green earth tone stuff. a bedroom should not be cluttered and distractive. go minimalistic style. a couple of tastefull pieces hanging on the wall (which i am sure you can find some bike art), stylish lamps (feel free to used brushed aluminum with lamp shades that match your bed spread) dark wood dresser/night stand combo. i prefer a reversible down comforter. for sheets you want something egyptian cotton that contrasts with your bed spread. 4 pillows (2 with cases that match your spread and 2 that match your sheets).

the bedroom is supposed to be soft and peacefull. if you have a stylish bedroom when a girl comes over you are wayyyyyy more likely to get some. Also make sure to keep that shizz clean yo.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
chicodude01 said:
What a queer.

Bwahaha :stupid:

Biggins has the right idea. Although I like cooler colors like blues. Get some nice black and white photos, with simple black frames. Hardwood floors with a nice rug is the best. Again biggins has the idea on furniture and lighting... and... **** man, biggins said it all. werd.

Keep it clean, that says a lot.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
biggins said:
i wouldnt go black and white. take it from a true player yo. black and white is for kitchens. go either deep reds or go with tan/ light green earth tone stuff. a bedroom should not be cluttered and distractive. go minimalistic style. a couple of tastefull pieces hanging on the wall (which i am sure you can find some bike art), stylish lamps (feel free to used brushed aluminum with lamp shades that match your bed spread) dark wood dresser/night stand combo. i prefer a reversible down comforter. for sheets you want something egyptian cotton that contrasts with your bed spread.
I was thinking either my idea or something technical and modern. I already have a reversible checkerboard/red comforter.

My last bedroom had the whole "earth tone" thing, and it was actually kind of cool, but I want something different. The tan and light green paint was awesome with 4 dimmer spots and the mahoganyish color my bed is.

Oh yeah...I have a bed. Mahoogany.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
=[Stinky]= said:

Biggins has the right idea. Although I like cooler colors like blues. Get some nice black and white photos, with simple black frames. Hardwood floors with a nice rug is the best. Again biggins has the idea on furniture and lighting... and... **** man, biggins said it all. werd.

It will be carpet, I don't have much choice there, although I would love to have something like hardwood, tile, or etched concrete.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i bet if you go with the balck and white you will get tired of it. my kitchen is all black and white. the white really brightens it a lot. Try doing a burgundy/dark red with tan or someting. paint opposing walls the same color. so you have 2 walls the same color and 2 walls a different color. put your bed against the contrasting wall. if your bed is mahogany put it against the light colored wall. you also may seriously want to rethink the retro modern look with lots of metals and blacks, the mahogany would look like crap in there.

for anyone metro/retro/mod go with the minimalist. i dont even have a headboard or foot board on my bed to keep it even simpler. Use a solid color comforter as well.

thats just my suggestion.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
=[Stinky]= said:

werd dawg.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
biggins said:
i bet if you go with the balck and white you will get tired of it. my kitchen is all black and white. the white really brightens it a lot. Try doing a burgundy/dark red with tan or someting. paint opposing walls the same color. so you have 2 walls the same color and 2 walls a different color. put your bed against the contrasting wall. if your bed is mahogany put it against the light colored wall. you also may seriously want to rethink the retro modern look with lots of metals and blacks, the mahogany would look like crap in there.

for anyone metro/retro/mod go with the minimalist. i dont even have a headboard or foot board on my bed to keep it even simpler. Use a solid color comforter as well.

Hmmm...interesting. I also have a friend (super good artiste) who is willing to paint a (good) mural on a wall, something like an MTB scene...like climbing (or descending) down a mountain in a giant lightning/rain storm. Thoughts?

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
biggins said:

i completly agree with u...black and white would be too confusing and just plainly wouldn't look good or inviting...i think a forest green and tan or a burgundy and tan would be great colors. Then with some hardwood type funiture...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have never personally been a fan of wall murals.

1. what do you normally do in your bedroom? (homework, chill, read, get yo freak on)
2. will your computer be in there?
3. any other things (tv, large floor style stereo.......).
4. is there a bathroom adjoining your room?

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
blue said:
Hmmm...interesting. I also have a friend (super good artiste) who is willing to paint a (good) mural on a wall, something like an MTB scene...like climbing (or descending) down a mountain in a giant lightning/rain storm. Thoughts?
yeah do a tan background with some redwood trees and a northshore scene on a clowdy day...that type of look is comftorble and cozy...then some real soft amber lights

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
biggins said:

1. Um...all but the last one. I normally don't spend a TON of time in my room, but it depends on the day
2. I will have my lapton in it
3. No TVs...just my bookshelf stereo
4. Yes

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
if i were allowed to design my room, the paint would be an off-white color. everything would have clean, smooth lines. quite minimal. little to no black. no bike stuff, no music stuff. pictures would be hung in free-floating frames, and furniture would be stained a deep, rich color. any hardware would be matte silver. anyone ever see American Psycho? Patrick Bateman's place was baaaaaaadaassssssss.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
blue said:
biggins said:

1. Um...all but the last one. I normally don't spend a TON of time in my room, but it depends on the day
2. I will have my lapton in it
3. No TVs...just my bookshelf stereo
4. Yes
no tv??? what kinda room has no tv?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
do you really want to spend that much time/energy on it? you're 17, right?

how much longer do you think you'll be living at home?

unless you plan on being one of those 40 year old guys who still lives with his parents, don't sweat about it.

edited to add: yeah, biggins and inbred have it right.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Guntruck said:
You guys are a bunch of sisters. Quit thinking about interior design and go ride your bikes.

yeah.........who cares, pick a color, paint it - & go ride your bike!

and, umm, if the chick is already in your room, it does not matter if the room is plain or super styleish........as long as its relatively clean, you are getting laid !

F'ing amatures :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
yeah.........who cares, pick a color, paint it - & go ride your bike!

and, umm, if the chick is already in your room, it does not matter if the room is plain or super styleish........as long as its relatively clean, you are getting laid !

F'ing amatures :rolleyes:
Screw painting it. Leave it while and pile all your crap in one corner, just make sure to keep your clean and dirty piles of clothes separate.

J

JRB

I don't know what to say. First the skin thread, and now this. :dead: Is there a "Queer eye for the 'not-so-straight' guy" you should be checking out, blue?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
blue said:
I was thinking putting a few frames on the walls with bike posters, and a few punky posters (Think type: Sex Pistols, Iggy, Ramones, etc...nothing new) Very New York-ish.

In other words, the posters of bands you've bought at Hot Topic but never listend to?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Dude you're 17 and should be out of the house within a year or 2. Have your mom pick the color and just decorate it with posters and stuff. That way when you move out, it will turn into that exercising room she always wanted to do as soon as you got your butt out of the house.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
blue said:
Okay, so my family is building a house, and I get a new room.

I'm metro-like, so I want a "theme" decoration. I was thinking bicycle punk rock. I wanted black and white checkerboard for paint, but my mom vetoed black paint. Anyone have any ideas on paint? Wall hangings? I like the black and white kind of theme...trashy messenger punk? Modern? Furniture?

Keep in mind, this is for a 17 year old...yeeeah...
Wow...I must say that I thought you to be a grown up from some of your posts...:thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
krazydher1 said:
blue said:
no tv??? what kinda room has no tv?

i dont have one in my bedroom either. guess im not into laying around gettin fat in bed starin at the rot box. i know its a novel idea that when i wanna watch tv i actually have to get out of bed and go to my recliner.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I say go for contempo-white trash. punch a few holes in the walls. stain the walls with Winston smoke. pile beer cans everywhere. you can also use it for your bike garage & that will just add to the ambiance. put up skynard posters, rebel flag paraphenalia, throw your mattress on the floor & you are set.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Theme bedrooms are OK for friggin' 3 year olds, ya *FREAK*.........

Dude - you're only gonna be there for another year at the most. Just have it painted, put up some teenage posters and be done with it. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dh girlie said:
HAHAHA! Maybe he should go for a Sponge Bob Pants or whatever the hell that thing is themed room!
Hawt :thumb:

Eh, I'll probably be there tops 2 more years. Maybe I'll just go with white and throw posters on the wall, call it good.

Hold on, I need to go change my Rocket to Russia CD. :think:

Hot Topic was so Freshman year, I've moved on to bigger things...you know...American Eagle. And such. ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
blue said:
Hawt :thumb:

Eh, I'll probably be there tops 2 more years. Maybe I'll just go with white and throw posters on the wall, call it good.

Hold on, I need to go change my Rocket to Russia CD. :think:

Hot Topic was so Freshman year, I've moved on to bigger things...you know...American Eagle. And such. ;)
God I'm *so* glad I have no idea what you're talking about........ :dead:

-S.S.-