Quantcast

Deep Fried Turquacanant

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I am making a deep fried turkey thing based on a turducken for Thanksgiving. Many experts say this is impossible. I think I have the mystery solved, Alton Brown style. I have an idea on how I can keep it all in one piece, and cook uniformly, which seems to be the trick I guess.

I don't really like duck, so I substituted a quail and a pheasant. I'm calling this thing a Turquackenant. I am going to run a layer of andoulli sausage in between the chicken and small birds, and a layer of procuitto between the turkey and chicken. I'm going to use my secret "turkey paste" to give the outside some spice and I will probably inject the turkey with some spicy Allegro marinade.

Wednesday is deboning day, a friend of mine and I will debone 2 turkeys 2 chickens, and the small game. H'e making his own Turducken traditional roasted style.

I'll take some pictures during the process.

Dave

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Damn dude, you even put the engineering smackdown on your food!!

:biggrin:

That sounds friggin' fantastic, especially the layers between the birds. So where are the pics already?

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Damn dude, you even put the engineering smackdown on your food!!

:biggrin:

That sounds friggin' fantastic, especially the layers between the birds. So where are the pics already?
He's still redesigning the camera, since it's so badly engineered. Damn those guys at Canon!