Deep Throat Reportedly Comes Forward

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:cool:

'Deep Throat' Reportedly Comes Forward
The Associated Press | May 31, 2005

NEW YORK -- A former FBI official says he was the source called "Deep Throat" who leaked secrets about President Nixon's Watergate coverup to The Washington Post, Vanity Fair reported Tuesday.

W. Mark Felt, 91, who was second-in-command at the FBI in the early 1970s, kept the secret even from his family until 2002, when he confided to a friend that he had been Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward' s source, the magazine said.

"I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat," he told lawyer John D. O'Connor, the author of the Vanity Fair article, the magazine said in a press release.

Felt was initially adamant about remaining silent on the subject, thinking disclosures about his past somehow dishonorable.

"I don't think (being Deep Throat) was anything to be proud of," Felt indicated to his son, Mark Jr., at one point, according to the article. "You (should) not leak information to anyone."

Felt is a retiree living in Santa Rosa, Calif., with his daughter, Joan, the magazine said. He could not immediately be reached for comment by The Associated Press.

The Washington Post had no immediate comment.

More links: http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/richard_nixon

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ian F said:
Well, you had to know somebody was gonna go there as soon as you posted a thread with "Deep Throat" in the title...

I'm just surprised it took all of three minutes... :rolleyes:

Yep.. I was counting it being RM's resident "know-it-all-done-it-all-my-location-is-better-than-your-location" expert to come thru and he did!!!!

:p:p:p

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I have to wait until my daughter graduates from high school in 6 years. Can't live that far away from her yet.

I am looking at property now though...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
No not SFe... but Alb or someplace in the Rio Grande river valley south of Alb and north of Belen. Also considering Taos.
Get her to graduate early. Something tells me it isn't too hard to get ahead in the Louisiana school system.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
I have to wait until my daughter graduates from high school in 6 years. Can't live that far away from her yet.

I am looking at property now though...
Ah. I take it she lives w/ mom somewhere close?

Always a good idea to stick around.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
N8 is probably going to take a side trip to 'deal with' this guy, eh? Never too late to take revenge for what he did to the country, right?

Your Richard Nixon shrine will be appeased if you do it, N8. Maybe it'll finally let you sleep at night... All that whispering must be getting to you after all these years.

MD

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
MikeD said:
N8 is probably going to take a side trip to 'deal with' this guy, eh? Never too late to take revenge for what he did to the country, right?

Your Richard Nixon shrine will be appeased if you do it, N8. Maybe it'll finally let you sleep at night... All that whispering must be getting to you after all these years.

MD
lmao! i shot milk out my nose!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
He sounds like all he was doing was safeguarding the FBI by nailing Nixon. Not being a "hero of the American people". Whatever.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's a laugh to hear G. Gordon Liddy criticize him for not doing the 'honorable' thing and take this stuff publicly to a grand jury. Hmmm, let's see...the people I've seen doing things illegally are powerful, desperate, unscrupulous, and willing to break any law...might be a good idea to publicly accuse them. Hmmm. "Oh, Mr. Liddy? What brings you and these fine fellows in ski masks to my front door at 3 am?"

D

d-sop

i saw that in my newspaper today. i hate my newspaper. they're so retarted

Sep 29, 2004
N8 said:
:cool:

'Deep Throat' Reportedly Comes Forward
The Associated Press | May 31, 2005

NEW YORK -- A former FBI official says he was the source called "Deep Throat" who leaked secrets about President Nixon's Watergate coverup to The Washington Post, Vanity Fair reported Tuesday.

W. Mark Felt, 91, who was second-in-command at the FBI in the early 1970s, kept the secret even from his family until 2002, when he confided to a friend that he had been Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward' s source, the magazine said.

"I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat," he told lawyer John D. O'Connor, the author of the Vanity Fair article, the magazine said in a press release.

Felt was initially adamant about remaining silent on the subject, thinking disclosures about his past somehow dishonorable.

"I don't think (being Deep Throat) was anything to be proud of," Felt indicated to his son, Mark Jr., at one point, according to the article. "You (should) not leak information to anyone."

Felt is a retiree living in Santa Rosa, Calif., with his daughter, Joan, the magazine said. He could not immediately be reached for comment by The Associated Press.

The Washington Post had no immediate comment.

More links: http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/richard_nixon
I bet Nixon is pissed, he hated it when deep throat spit stuff up like that. he souldv've just swallowed his pride and not let it go...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:
It's a laugh to hear G. Gordon Liddy criticize him for not doing the 'honorable' thing and take this stuff publicly to a grand jury. Hmmm, let's see...the people I've seen doing things illegally are powerful, desperate, unscrupulous, and willing to break any law...might be a good idea to publicly accuse them. Hmmm. "Oh, Mr. Liddy? What brings you and these fine fellows in ski masks to my front door at 3 am?"
I can't remember the name or cite any proof but there was some muckraking newspaper reporter that supposedly the Nixon admin had called a hit on. There was certainly some precedence of them willing to kill people to further their cause.

I think that the portrayal of Nixon on Futurama is probably accurate good thing he never got his head mounted on a giant robot body.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My guess as to why he really came forward now:

He finally reached a compromised state of senility just sufficient enough to allow his hounding relatives to get their way.

"You DO know that the money we could make off the book deal and TV mini-movie rights could really go a long way towards securing your family's financial well-being...riiiiiiight?"