Quantcast

Deep Throat Reportedly Comes Forward

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
llkoolkeg said:
My guess as to why he really came forward now:

He finally reached a compromised state of senility just sufficient enough to allow his hounding relatives to get their way.

"You DO know that the money we could make off the book deal and TV mini-movie rights could really go a long way towards securing your family's financial well-being...riiiiiiight?"
Spot on!

:thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's great to hear commentators and pundits and Monkeys who usually post/say "yeah for capitalism! Profit rules!" suddenly turn around and bash someone for doing something "just for the money."

It's also funny to hear people convicted in Watergate, part of a plot to subvert American democracy, calling other people 'dishonorable.'

MD

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
llkoolkeg said:
Por ejemplo?
Well, the focus was on pundits and media figures, several of whom I've seen on TV/heard on the radio since Felt "came out," but I also felt there was an implicit criticism in N8's thumbs-up to your post above. I'm definitely putting an interpretation on his post, but I don't think it's unwarranted given the context of our usual discussions on the Politics board.

Not that I disagree that there were financial motives; it certainly IS about the money in some (or even most) respects. I just think it's funny to hear Pat Buchanan talk about financial motives in a critical light.

MD