Quantcast

Deer Valley and the meeting of the Hunnies

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
So this past weekend, I raced at the Norba Deer Valley event and got to finally meet fellow hunnie Stephanie! It was a lot of fun. We shared a condo with 8 or so people and had a blast. The race was fun too. The sport course was totally different from the expert/pro course, and literally had nothing terribly technical on it, save for some horribly sandy, tight switchbacks and significant amounts of pedalling. I managed to pull off 2nd. I am always so nervous about the idea of having to pass people on the course, but I successfully passed 5 women, although the last woman, was pretty slow and I don't think she heard me (or she was ignoring me). I think had I been a little more adament about passing her, I may have gotten away with 1st. I might be too polite, or quiet, or both. Oh well. It was a lot of fun and I was super excited to meet Steph and her man!

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
Sorry I missed you guys. I only raced Super D. Felt great, saw the girl in front of me and was catching up and pow - got a flat. Oh well.

My knee is still recovering from my last surgery and isn't ready for things like the finish line drop on the DH yet. But congrats Mohshee!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
thanks guys! Yeah, it was the sport DH race.

Unforunately, not many pics. I guess we got so busy running the booth and racing, niether of us got around to taking any.

That sucks about the flat altagirl!!!! The Super D looked like fun.

It was my first norba race, and it was kind of crazy to hear so many pros (like super pros!) racing.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Ethyyl said:
Hey Weimie,

Were you at Deer Valley? did you race???
Nope, I'm only doing the Mountain States Cup races and probably the Snowmass National. But I hear you did pretty good in your pro race :)

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
ya.. i raced the expert course........

and it bit me in the butt mercilessly.

but hey, at least i know my weak points now, and i can work on them. great weekend !!!!!

for me, mountaincross was the most fun. it was flat, but i used to bmx, so i had fun sprinting. there was no one in my class so i inevitably won, but had i raced pro, i would've qualified 3rd.

i was pretty stoked on that.

good job ladies who raced this weekend, and major props to the ladies who rode the expert/pro course. anyone who did that, you are crazy good.

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
Congrats on the MTX qualifying time! That's awesome! (I pretty much suck at MTX, but have no BMX background and only ever see a course like that at nationals... which is a good way to continue sucking at it. ;) )

thePINKster said:
good job ladies who raced this weekend, and major props to the ladies who rode the expert/pro course. anyone who did that, you are crazy good.
And I agree with you. I raced expert last year... but after another knee surgery and not being able to really ride any true DH yet this year, it's looking pretty damn scary all over again. Why can't it be... I did it once, now it's easy...