Quantcast

deer valley NMBS - results thread

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
any one know times for pros? i know the jr.x field was close with 1st and 6th (me) seperated by like 5 and a half seconds. winning jr.x was a 2:53, im guessing pros were in the 2:30's?

that track was getting more and more blown out after every practice, im sure it was really beat for the pros today.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
any one know times for pros? i know the jr.x field was close with 1st and 6th (me) seperated by like 5 and a half seconds. winning jr.x was a 2:53, im guessing pros were in the 2:30's?

that track was getting more and more blown out after every practice, im sure it was really beat for the pros today.
Tell me about it. My "line" kept changing.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
will be posting up some photos & a little recap early this week... i'm driving back home to San Diego, & only home for a day before i head out to Maryland on Tuesday... will try & get something up between then.

great times in DV! .... unfortunatley a lot of injuries... some more extensive than others.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Cameron Cole broke his wrist. DK broke his hand. Mike Haderer broke his collarbone. Some junior (my new hero) broke his collarbone and a couple ribs but finished his run (on Devo).

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
Cameron dislocated and broke his wrist, he said he hopes to back for the Snowmass National, World Champs, and World Cup finals. I'm not sure if Mike Haderer actualy broke his coller bone, I think he is just really badly brusied and cut up. Both fell on the upper rock gap I belive.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
no way!!! this sucks, everyones broken now. i too hope to be back for snowmass national, and well....we shal have to w8 and see ha

whos the kid who broke his coller bone and finished??

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Anyone have complete results? Searched every source I know of, can only find top 5. Specifically looking to see how Luke Strobel did.

Cheers

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
Wow...I was there last year (a little higher in the switchbacks) and there were a helluva lot more people out watching...
There was no one there this year. Maybe 10 trucks in the tech section>>no SRAM, no shimano, no Fox. I think they only filled the top parking lot on one day.

I think the industry types are sick of dealing with TBB/Deer Valley and the riders are sick of the 6 year old clapped out course. There were a ton of injuries. JP broke a wrist, Matt Johnston broke his ankle, Mark Christensen broke his ankle and spun his foot around 180 degrees. I think there are only about 10 pro riders left in Utah this year. This is the first race I've been to where there was a semi pro course hold "because they ran out of medical personel"

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
There was no one there this year. Maybe 10 trucks in the tech section>>no SRAM, no shimano, no Fox. I think they only filled the top parking lot on one day.

I think the industry types are sick of dealing with TBB/Deer Valley and the riders are sick of the 6 year old clapped out course. There were a ton of injuries. JP broke a wrist, Matt Johnston broke his ankle, Mark Christensen broke his ankle and spun his foot around 180 degrees. I think there are only about 10 pro riders left in Utah this year. This is the first race I've been to where there was a semi pro course hold "because they ran out of medical personel"
That sounded like a foxnews report-fear mongering.