Quantcast

deer valley NMBS - results thread

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There was no one there this year. Maybe 10 trucks in the tech section>>no SRAM, no shimano, no Fox. I think they only filled the top parking lot on one day.

I think the industry types are sick of dealing with TBB/Deer Valley and the riders are sick of the 6 year old clapped out course. There were a ton of injuries. JP broke a wrist, Matt Johnston broke his ankle, Mark Christensen broke his ankle and spun his foot around 180 degrees. I think there are only about 10 pro riders left in Utah this year. This is the first race I've been to where there was a semi pro course hold "because they ran out of medical personel"
Most of the teams went directly to Mont Ste Anne for the World Cup. They have to be there Tuesday afternoon to setup.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Most of the teams went directly to Mont Ste Anne for the World Cup. They have to be there Tuesday afternoon to setup.
Yeah, thats what I gathered from seeing some of the results.

LaytonDH, did Pete make it down all right? If so, perhaps the tides have turned...

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
Blue Dart Pete? He didn't race, still getting over Lava and doing school stuff from what I hear. His partner in crime, MC got worked though.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
23rd and rode the bottom 1/3 of the course with a flat. I have a problem keeping air in my tires while in Utah. 3 races, 3 flat tires.
I need to go have a good cry right now.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
23rd and rode the bottom 1/3 of the course with a flat. I have a problem keeping air in my tires while in Utah. 3 races, 3 flat tires.
I need to go have a good cry right now.
at least your hand doesn't look like THAT ▲▲▲

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
That crash was one of the most savage things I've ever seen.... you guys must have eaten well that morning.

my god that is savage... look like cherry fillin in there, nice to here from you mc, i am all og in or this summer but ill be back in sept to air it out! dont worry i am still eating conti-dank and riding sadda sketchy! take care, cya

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
There was no one there this year. Maybe 10 trucks in the tech section>>no SRAM, no shimano, no Fox.
I heard that Fox was on their way but got pinched by the fuzz and their driver didn't have a CDL. Driver was arrested, trailer is supposedly impounded until it's sorted out. Can anyone confirm this?

mforest

Chimp
Jun 8, 2007
thats what i herd about fox. thanks to everyone for there concern, i think my injury was one of the mildest all weekend. i think that course took out 20% of the pro class. just something about it.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
thats what i herd about fox. thanks to everyone for there concern, i think my injury was one of the mildest all weekend. i think that course took out 20% of the pro class. just something about it.
And that was with gloves on?

mforest

Chimp
Jun 8, 2007
no funny story, the weekend befor i split my finger open at a nor cal race and got 9 stitches, so i couldnt wear gloves, you can see my midle finger is large.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I heard that Fox was on their way but got pinched by the fuzz and their driver didn't have a CDL. Driver was arrested, trailer is supposedly impounded until it's sorted out. Can anyone confirm this?
Last I saw FOX runs a non CDL rig (dually and featherlite). Manitou guys years ago had this scenario happen (freightliner rig) and simply was impound and CDL driver needed to pick up, he was not arrested.
I could be completely wrong, but I smell BS on that story.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
forest, did that same thing to my hand a few years ago at snowmass in the parking lot pedaling into a big step up at mach 10 in gravel, hurts like a bitch

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Last I saw FOX runs a non CDL rig (dually and featherlite). Manitou guys years ago had this scenario happen (freightliner rig) and simply was impound and CDL driver needed to pick up, he was not arrested.
I could be completely wrong, but I smell BS on that story.
I heard from a couple different mechanics that the rig was stuck somewhere in impound and the driver was in big trouble. They never did show up last weekend. That's why I'm curious if anyone can confirm the pit gossip.

if he did get yanked for all that, then yeah he is in big trouble, there are some serious fines with it and some regulations that the trucks need to abide by that I know some arent. I doubt he was arrested, but there can be some serious consequences for him and fox if he got in trouble with those things....

yeah i think that they were possibly having a sprinter for MSA, not sure. I know that is the case for Mt. Snow. tracking down some sources that might have a better answer (as well as an email into the man himself) so will see what happens

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
yeah i think that they were possibly having a sprinter for MSA, not sure. I know that is the case for Mt. Snow. tracking down some sources that might have a better answer (as well as an email into the man himself) so will see what happens
Seems odd that they would not bring their big rig to the only north american world cup? I will wander over to the truck tomorrow and ask Fitzy what's up.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Seems odd that they would not bring their big rig to the only north american world cup? I will wander over to the truck tomorrow and ask Fitzy what's up.
Mike and the 'big rig' have been at the first two MSC races (Chalk Creek and Angel Fire), Fox is a pretty big sponsor of that series... so they may be at the Crested Butte race this weekend.

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
Does anyone know why USA junior Andrew Pierce wasn't racing at Deer Valley? Injury???

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
Sinator,
Sorry about the mistake regarding your riding category(junior vs. senior elite), no disrespect intended. I just remembered seeing you riding in junior category for the USA in Rotorua and was unsure of your age. Glad to hear the injury won't keep you down for long. Are you still based in SLC?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Sinator,
Sorry about the mistake regarding your riding category(junior vs. senior elite), no disrespect intended. I just remembered seeing you riding in junior category for the USA in Rotorua and was unsure of your age. Glad to hear the injury won't keep you down for long. Are you still based in SLC?

No, the Senator is not Andrew. He's Andrew's dad.

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
My mistake again, perhaps I will give up before I dig a deeper hole.
Anyway, heres wishing Andrew a quick recovery and a great return at Brianhead

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
My mistake again, perhaps I will give up before I dig a deeper hole.
Good idea because 3.2 is playing you. Sinator J is NOT Andrew's Dad. If that was the case Andrew would be bold... ;)

Yeah hopefully Andrew will heal quick though!

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Sinator,
Um right, yea I think you have Andrew and myself a little mixed up. My name is JP and I am a slo pro from AZ. No worries tho, it is the year of the Go-Ride curse as far as limbs go.