Quantcast

Deion Sanders

J

JRB

I was just listening to a morning show on a country station and they had Deion on. I never have known anything about him other than the sore toe thing. He bought into an indoor football team in Austin.

Anyway - listening to him talk, he not only sounds reasonably intelligent from an athlete's perspective, but from anyone's perspective. He sounds to be pretty in touch with the things that matter in life. I was impressed. This was totally out of the sports setting, so he certainly didn't seem like he wasn't genuine. Cool stuff.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Deion is the biggest schmuck douchebag idiot that ever lived...well, maybe except reggie white. Of course, Reggie White is dead, so Deion holds the title now.
He once left football, claiming that he'd found god, and that he was perfectly happy being a pastor, but then as soon as some team came calling, he was back in pads. He's just a politician basically. He used to do some telecasts, and was terrible.

I hate him.

J

JRB

He laid out how he moved from team and such. It sounded like it made business sense. It's a job. If there is a better one, go to it. It's not like these guys owe anyone anything. I don't know why we should think they would be attached to one team forever. Seemed like he's got a good head to me is all. It's not like I want him to write a book, he was just different than I would have imagined.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BurlyShirley said:
Deion is the biggest schmuck douchebag idiot that ever lived...well, maybe except reggie white. Of course, Reggie White is dead, so Deion holds the title now.
He once left football, claiming that he'd found god, and that he was perfectly happy being a pastor, but then as soon as some team came calling, he was back in pads. He's just a politician basically. He used to do some telecasts, and was terrible.

I hate him.
Don't forget, he offered to coach a pro team, like it would be no big deal...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlyShirley said:

I hate him.
Did I miss the memo? What's your beef with Reggie White?

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Living in ATL let me just say that it was a shining moment when Dallas took him off the Falcons hands!!! What a freakin joke he was/is in this city....and with good reason.

J

JRB

Is this all based on your impressions of him as a player? I thought he was lame when he played for Dallas, but he seemed like a stand up guy on the radio this morning. I am saying that I was surprised. It's funny - the only people that commented are always judgemental. I'm not sure if you ever heard him outside of the sports arena, but I was impressed.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Is this all based on your impressions of him as a player? I thought he was lame when he played for Dallas, but he seemed like a stand up guy on the radio this morning. I am saying that I was surprised. It's funny - the only people that commented are always judgemental. I'm not sure if you ever heard him outside of the sports arena, but I was impressed.
As a player, earlier in his career, he was great. As a talking head and person, he sucks at life.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Here's a couple links to sanders' genius.

Former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders is battling an automotive shop over what he says Jesus told him to pay for a repair bill.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0714/1580339.html

From Fox Sports

6. Deion Sanders (Neon Deion, Prime-Time)

Although this man might be one of the greatest athletes of our time (Playing baseball & football on professional levels for the best teams.) he was maybe the biggest pompas jerk in all of sports. To support this I would like to state that for his last college football game he showed up in a limo and tuxedo. He as also had his own rap song and hosted Miss U.S.A. Neon Deion gets the 6-spo
http://blogs.foxsports.com/fatphil06/Mike_Tyson

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
reflux said:
Did I miss the memo? What's your beef with Reggie White?
Reggie White is a very easy target. First his very famous speech at the Wisconsin state assembly where he insulted Latinos, Asians, and I think a couple of races.

He was also very anti-gay, and he even bought a full-page ad asking homosexuals to have a "discussion" about their lifestyle choices.

What bothered me so much was besides his racist and homophobic opinions, White was obviously a classic athlete/bully who apparently never had his opinions challenged before. Even John Rocker, who I thought got a raw deal, seemed to learn something from his NYC comments. White was chugging along, confident in his stupid beliefs.