Quantcast

Deity Components 2008... and it looks like they aren't %^@#ing around...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i believe you can, but the spindle will not work. the new stuff is killer, have been beating on it for a while and it keeps coming back for more.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
I will send a mail to Eric to see what´s up with this....cheers for the info!

i believe you can, but the spindle will not work. the new stuff is killer, have been beating on it for a while and it keeps coming back for more.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
WTF? They go on and on about how light the Dirty 30 bar is but don't give an actual weight?

Or maybe I'm just blind?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i checked out the site yesterday, the one thing i was a little disappointed about was that they don't list the weights. their new parts look amazing though, i was super impressed. i want some of those dirty 30 bars, but i'm not sure they'll fit through a couple of the tree sections on some of the local trails. the stems look way better too.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
WTF? They go on and on about how light the Dirty 30 bar is but don't give an actual weight?

Or maybe I'm just blind?
Nope, I thought the same thing. I hate when companies brag about weight and then conveniently forget to give it to you.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I was waiting for jvnixon to come in here at some point, BUT - he has a pre-production set of Dirty 30 bars and he said they were around 300g.

Not bad for a set of 30" bars.

:biggrin:

EDIT: I spoke with Eric about a week ago and he said that the Vendettas will come in a 165mm length either sometime toward the end of 08' or the beginning of 09'.

I can't wait for those 165's... :drool:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
The proto's I have are 28" and are 289g. They've got a good rise/sweep to them.

I doubt they'll be the lightest big bars, or the lowest but its another nice option but we'll see what they end up being once the production ones are available. They've improved a lot in almost every aspect over their older bars.

edit

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i just posted up an order for the new tibia seat post and a Dirty30 bar with some life saver bar ends, along with two t-shirts. i would have probably pulled a crankset too, but they are out of stock. i'll post up when it gets in. i'm way interested in the seatpost.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
What does everyone think about using they're new cranks for slalom? A little too heavy? Sorry for derailing the thread just wanted to ask, i'm looking to get some new cranks before the first fluidride cup race.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I just got my Diety 30" bars yesterday they look amazing...I will post an actual weight when I install them in the next few days...

Just initial impression they are a hell of alot lighter than the past offerings...and definately lighter than the 24.5 bars i have sitting around from them. I might run these on my trailbike after checking them out.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I received my Dirty Thirty a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but they are nice. I'll try to get a weight as well. And I'm rocking the Vendetta cranks again this season. Nice stuff!

toby

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
word on the street is the next production run of Vendettas will be out early next month...with some more refinements to the left crank.

...in the form of LHD compatibility! whee!

jaspergeorge

Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
The Dirty30 bar is 290 grams at the full uncut 30" width.

Burgtecs are the only ones lighter, but only by 4 grams.
The Reverse Fli XXL is only 279g and is the same width as the Deity, burgtecs are 10mm shorter, which could help account for them being lighter.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Sorry, i didnt realise you couldnt know what you were talking about unless you had made a lot of posts! :imstupid:

Well it wasn't meant to be a point about your knowledge of bars..

This is a thread about deity 2008 components... then you come in with your first post about Reverse bars, then a second, well it just looks like some sort of :spam:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Well it wasn't meant to be a point about your knowledge of bars..

This is a thread about deity 2008 components... then you come in with your first post about Reverse bars, then a second, well it just looks like some sort of :spam:
:spam: Doesn't bother me if it's factual.
Deity bars look sweet,and in 25.4 rad :clapping:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
my bars shipped today :) got the bike in the shop for some upgrades this weekend, so i should be ready to bolt things up next week and give some e-comments.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I bought their dirty 30's a few weeks ago, I liked them, but for my 6" bike I cut them to 28". I also have the vendetta cranks on my pimp2 (I got some of the first) and they are sick, and super stiff/light.

Plus my bike is on their website...so I have every reason to love them.