Quantcast

Deity components?

Funky Monk

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
near El circulo Polar Arctico
Anyone know anything about this firm? Reliable, durable products, no? I'm looking for some info on them cause I've been considering getting a set of their white powdercoated cranks...:drool: And maybe something else to match those as well.

So, anyone know an online shop that sells Deity?

thanks in advance monkees.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Deity stuff rules. The cranks are pretty generic as far as 3-pc cranks go, but they look way sicker since they are powder coated. The Stem and bars are also super sick. They air fairly light, stiff and look awesome.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I would just call Eric at Deity to order. I am running the cranks, chainwheel, stem and bar on my Imperial (soon to be geekhouse) and the parts have been nothing but solid. the white finish is sooooo nice. I would definetly recommend the set up to anyone.

Dan

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Yeah they are cool man, I am running the cranks, and stem on my Imperial. No problems so far.
Heh, heh...Cool. No fears with the Deity stuff, bro! They did some weird things with the bars and stems, though, as far as their sizing goes. I think they are like a 28.6 or something really oddball. That's going to change though this next year. Look for 31.8 standard oversize bars and stems. I know I will be! Also going to be offering different tooth counts on their sweet sprockets and possibly be offering some bashguards. Awesome.
It sounds like if Eric had his way, he would be making seats, pedals, grips and everything in between, but I think he is just kinda feeling out the rider's desires and needs, and then seeing what he can actually IMPROVE on before selling anything. I think he may be one of the few rider-oriented bizzes out their anymore. And yeah, just call Eric and order right from him.
oh...and their seatpost clamps...? They are about twice the size of what they appear to be on the site! FAT, FAT, FATTY, FAT!
And their bars are the lightest, yet beefiest things I've ever held with two hands...well, almost. :sneaky:

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
If you wait until January, I know an online bike shop that will have them.

It's just opening.... and if you want you can pre-order them and receive them sooner. If you are interested, let me know and I'll talk to the people.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I haven't rode the stuff yet, but I have seen all the Deity gear. It looks super nice, and Eric seems to know what's up, I think he worked for GT for several years and somebody else for a while too, so he's been doin his thing for a while now. Pacific Northwest company too, and you gotta love that. I'm going to try to find an excuse to spec some Deity on 05', maybe on my ss hardtail I say I'm never going to build........

Feb 21, 2002
THRILLSEEKA said:
Heh, heh...Cool. No fears with the Deity stuff, bro! They did some weird things with the bars and stems, though, as far as their sizing goes. I think they are like a 28.6 or something really oddball. That's going to change though this next year. Look for 31.8 standard oversize bars and stems. I know I will be! Also going to be offering different tooth counts on their sweet sprockets and possibly be offering some bashguards. Awesome.
It sounds like if Eric had his way, he would be making seats, pedals, grips and everything in between, but I think he is just kinda feeling out the rider's desires and needs, and then seeing what he can actually IMPROVE on before selling anything. I think he may be one of the few rider-oriented bizzes out their anymore. And yeah, just call Eric and order right from him.
oh...and their seatpost clamps...? They are about twice the size of what they appear to be on the site! FAT, FAT, FATTY, FAT!
And their bars are the lightest, yet beefiest things I've ever held with two hands...well, almost. :sneaky:
Prisel has the 31.8 stuff on his bike now... they're dope.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
really nice sutff. I really dig the feel of the bars. I have a set coming now and the rest of the kit should be coming soon. Eric is a super cool guy and definately someone I am happy to support.

check out www.bustedspoke.com for an interview with Eric. Give you an idea of who he is and where he is coming from.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
when are the 31.8's coming out, i would really like to buy a pair of bars...but i want the oversized, that diameter paired with the bore they use will be...errr how do you americans say SIIIIIIIIIIICK