Quantcast

Deity saddle?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Has anyone ridden the Deity saddle on any of their bikes? I'm toying with the idea of getting one for my black market, but I haven't seen anything that either says they are good or anything at all. What does everyone think of them? They are about a pound, are they too heavy?

i love deity, might be because i know the owner, but i also really like there products. i've never broken any deity parts, and have never had any problems with em. I am currently using the saddle right now, and love it. I haven't ripped the outside covering, which is more then i can say for any of the other saddles i've ridden on my dj bike. I am all about supporting little companys as much as possible, that just my thing, but i understand not wanting to kill the bank account.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
ha, heavy and overpriced?? are you high my good man. deity cranks and bb's weight less than saint by a few grams and are far stronger and much easier to set up on multiple bikes. the stem is great and not that expensive whenyou look at the competition. the bars are super strong and will last forever and dont weight much more than comparable 38.1 bars.

now the seat is one of the best i have ridden. it uses light weight foam much like specialized uses so its soft and cushy without the wight penalty. it has the perfect conour for pinching and feels good at any level.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
and ps its not the same as the funn or industry saddle in every way. just becuase two things look the same they dont performe tha same

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
I would like to see concrete evidence that deity cranks a. weigh less (ie. REAL figures), and b. are easier to set up. For example, claimed weights are unacceptable.

I can literally set up a set of Saints in 3 minutes (provided rings are attatched).

Light weight foam? Pleeease. I'm pretty sure the FOAM is NOT the heaviest part of a saddle.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
its a undeniably sweet lookin seat however, but the $$$$

i saw the deity seatpost clamps and was like I WANT THAT (just some minor pimptitude), then i looked at the price--$22 for a seastpost clamp, ARE U KIDDING ME??

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
phlegm said:
I would like to see concrete evidence that deity cranks a. weigh less (ie. REAL figures), and b. are easier to set up.
i weighed a set of Deity cranks complete at 1164gm
i had a complete set of RF Diabolous cranks and they were over 1200gm.... so i'd say they're on-par with other burly cranks, weightwise.

as for the saddle, i know a couple guys running them on their park bikes and both say they can pinch the inner thigh while riding... a task best left to your girlfriends..

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Umm, its incredibly ugly. Yes it may work well, but it looks terrible. Thats about all I can say for the saddle, however the rest of their stuff is nice.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
setting up deity cranks vs saint cranks is justadding the correct 2-4 speacers per side of the bb cup to space out the crank arms. everything else is that same. with my ti spindle and crank bolts they weight about as much as holzfellers

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
formermtboarder said:
its a undeniably sweet lookin seat however, but the $$$$

i saw the deity seatpost clamps and was like I WANT THAT (just some minor pimptitude), then i looked at the price--$22 for a seastpost clamp, ARE U KIDDING ME??
you could always get one of these:

for 99 euros!:blah: