Quantcast

Deleted Threads

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
What is up with all the deleted threads? Hot monkey poll, Mack's DL issues? Stinkyboy being booted? Is this a 100% PC site now? Is this part of the patriot act? :stosh:

J

JRB

I see this one being waxed too. I think I MIGHT have been warned about starting these. They say not to question things. It's like in 1984. :D

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Did the new owner not come here before he bought it? It's the same banter that has been going on for years. Funny date stories, booty, Mack, and all the other good stuff is going the way of the Do-Do bird. Heck I even got spell Nazied for the first time. With Mack here he is going to be VERY busy.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
laura said:
don't you start these threads a lot. they don't really make much of a difference do they. time well spent.
Just want to keep on the right side of the fence. And no I only ever asked this question once before. When the old ridemonkey came down hard last year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
did stinkyboy get booted? what was the final straw?
yeah, apparently he did. but i wasn't on at all today so didn't see the coup de grace

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i know its been said before (and i'm not trying to be a bitch) but, his site, his rules. i'm just fortunate enough to see eye to eye with them.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
laura said:
i know its been said before (and i'm not trying to be a bitch) but, his site, his rules. i'm just fortunate enough to see eye to eye with them.
Agree, but if we don't know what is getting people booted, or deleted how do we not make the same error? Most of what I see is harmless.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Actually, we just like deleting stuff because we love to see members get pissed off at us and create all kinds of hell that we have to deal with. Really, there is nothing we enjoy more.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
dhtahoe said:
Agree, but if we don't know what is getting people booted, or deleted how do we not make the same error? Most of what I see is harmless.
Have you ever been warned, been asked to stop posting something, or gotten the feeling that you were pissing of mods? No? Then don't worry about it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
Actually, we just like deleting stuff because we love to see members get pissed off at us and create all kinds of hell that we have to deal with. Really, there is nothing we enjoy more.

and i see eye to eye with that.

ps, your avatar grosses me out for some reason

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The line was drawn in the sand here. I don't know if ol' stinkpot decided to cross it or if he was just the one standing closest to it when BD decided to punch the clock.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Hey I'm just looking for answers as to WHY this is happening. You just come on and be a smarta**. It is a simple question to PREVENT further problems. So be professional and answer the question.

J

JRB

laura said:
<snip>ps, your avatar grosses me out for some reason
IAB was giving me crap because I am a kid sometimes. I REALLY like pumpkin pie, so I think it is a peace offering. :D

J

JRB

dhtahoe said:
Hey I'm just looking for answers as to WHY this is happening. You just come on and be a smarta**. It is a simple question to PREVENT further problems. So be professional and answer the question.
Actually - I think it is when they PM some of us and ask us to not be assbags, yet we continue. I personally won't be contributing to shaved ju*k threads any more. The new head monkey from the north asked nicely, and I will oblige.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
IAB was giving me crap because I am a kid sometimes. I REALLY like pumpkin pie, so I think it is a peace offering. :D

have you ever eaten that crap straight out of the can. I did one time and now i gag every time i think about it. and i like pumpkin.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Hey I just don't want to get booted. I would have to shut down hotel tahoe for all the monkeys that stay at my house. For most it's the only way to get ahold of me.

J

JRB

laura said:
have you ever eaten that crap straight out of the can. I did one time and now i gag every time i think about it. and i like pumpkin.
OK - you win. That sounds bad, but pumkin pie ice cream. :drool:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
OK - you win. That sounds bad, but pumkin pie ice cream. :drool:

well, I can't eay icecream but i have had pumpkin pie soy cream and frozen yogurt and both are the bomb.<( that looks really funny typed out.)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I remember when I was on "probation" once... I had no posting privileges but, by some strange quirk of fate, I had unrestriced access to the Super Secret "Mods Lounge"... that was very informative and eye opening.

:evil:

J

JRB

laura said:
well, I can't eat icecream but i have had pumpkin pie soy cream and frozen yogurt and both are the bomb.<( that looks really funny typed out.)
Pourquois???

J

JRB

N8 said:
I remember when I was on "probation" once... I had no posting privileges but, by some strange quirk of fate, I had unrestriced access to the Super Secret "Mods Lounge"... that was very informative and eye opening.

:evil:
I miss those days. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Bummer - I hope you don't mean blowin' dirt. :dead:
You know how in bad old movies where people use a torch to hold something back, like monsters, giant bugs or angry villagers. Well people I know have a saying when someone repels others around them for one reason or another, it is called carrying the torch. You my friend hold the torch high. :p :thumb:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
No wonder that "hottest monkey" Thread got deleted.

Think anyone one that made fun of hitler survived? I think not...

J

JRB

Westy said:
You know how in bad old movies where people use a torch to hold something back, like monsters, giant bugs or angry villagers. Well people I know have a saying when someone repels others around them for one reason or another, it is called carrying the torch. You my friend hold the torch high. :p :thumb:
I didn't know this was a misquote thread. :think:

*thanks, Westy.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
No wonder that "hottest monkey" Thread got deleted.

Think anyone one that made fun of hitler survived? I think not...
Uhm - that may not score you many points there, Hoss.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
dhtahoe said:
What makes you think you deserve an answer?

For your information, I've been here since literally day one, I've been responsible for each and every design along the way, and I know how things work. What has been going on here lately has not been cool, and despite being EXTREMELY patient, letting a lot slide, and issuing very polite and concise warnings (as recently as LAST night), the line was crossed too many times.

Ridemonkey is a place for people to come talk about mountain biking, and enjoy conversation with people with similar interests. It's not a place for 15 threads on genital grooming, pictures of the brat pack in lingerie, or graphic discussions about carnal acts with ex co-workers. a) you guys know better, b) you've been asked for it to stop on several ocassions, and c) the volunteer mods on here have better things to do than deal with a bunch of grown adults acting like hormonal teens. My apologies to the hormonal teens on here...you guys are actually pretty well behaved.

I don't go around banning and deleting indiscriminately. I'm probably the most patient site administrator around, but I'm at my wits end dealing with this crap.

There are over 12,000 members on this site, and there are half dozen on here causing headaches. This whole rant only applies to you guys, and you know who you are.

Don't be an ass and you've got nothing to worry about. Keep it up and you're gone.

:angry:

Stinky is on sabatical. We'll see what happens. :think: