Quantcast

Dell Coupons?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So I hear that Dell has some decent coupons, but I can't track down a single coupon. I am looking to buy a pair of very large monitors soon, and saving some cash would be a mike change of pace for me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
maxyedor said:
So I hear that Dell has some decent coupons, but I can't track down a single coupon. I am looking to buy a pair of very large monitors soon, and saving some cash would be a mike change of pace for me.
Think a bigger monitor will make it easier to spot the difference between brand-name and off-brand lenses?

;) Kidding, kidding!

bensbargains.net keeps up to date on Dell coupon codes, and specifically, good deals on monitors. The drool-inducing 24" Ultrasharp widescreen is going for about $749 now if I remember correctly, great deal.

Just punching "dell coupon codes" into Google will return you a myriad of sites with the codes but sometimes they don't post when certain products are at their lowest prices because of a certain code.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
binary visions said:
Think a bigger monitor will make it easier to spot the difference between brand-name and off-brand lenses?

;) Kidding, kidding!
Nope, that can be done on my 15" monitors that these will be replacing:rolleyes: I think I forgot to mention that that coment pertained to two images of the same thing, that aren't photoshopped.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
maxyedor said:
Nope, that can be done on my 15" monitors that these will be replacing:rolleyes: I think I forgot to mention that that coment pertained to two images of the same thing, that aren't photoshopped.
...do photographers forget that pixel peeping raw camera data has nothing to do with the finished product?

Congrats, you can discern that Sigma lenses typically produce a slightly warmer color cast, and that Canon lenses are typically very cold. Neither, of course, are particularly noticable until you compare the images side-by-side. Both are as sharp as you need with as much detail, contrast and saturation as you could want. The color cast is a moot point, considering how easily adjustable it is.

The print is all that matters. Not the 100% crops of pre-processed sensor data.

Good luck with that monitor, though. I'd love one of those 24" widescreens - and I like my 19" LCD for the awesome price-to-performance ratio.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I really can't help but recommend the gateway LCDs. I was pretty impressed when I picked mine up. I will be picking up a second one shortly.

Full HD capablity, HDCP supported (for HD DVD and blue ray DVDs and soon HD cable), components, composite, svideo inputs as well as Dvi-D and VGA. No backlight bleed, good stand and adjustment system. All for a few hundred dollars less each then the apple cinemas.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
binary visions said:
Good luck with that monitor, though. I'd love one of those 24" widescreens - and I like my 19" LCD for the awesome price-to-performance ratio.
They also have those new 30" monitors that look pretty impressive.:drool: And they're cheaper than the Apple monitors.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
maxyedor said:
They also have those new 30" monitors that look pretty impressive.:drool: And they're cheaper than the Apple monitors.
The 30 inchers are unbelievable but I'd rather buy two 24" screens to get a whole crapload more real estate.

On the other hand, the 24" model doesn't support HDCP at the moment so you won't get maximum resolution out of Blu-Ray discs when they come out.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
binary visions said:
On the other hand, the 24" model doesn't support HDCP at the moment so you won't get maximum resolution out of Blu-Ray discs when they come out.
Most won't play ANYTHING if it doesn't have hdcp. You will need to use an analog connection, which will obviously default to standard NTSC television. Ew?

MAX- FPD2185W . It is seriously a KICK ASS monitor. It is on par with the Cinemas. I was going to buy a cinema display, took both for a test drive and settled on this one. More inputs, hdcp, hdtv, and a few hundred bucks saved made the choice easy.

I would recommend dual 24s before a 30" as well. The only reason i went 21 and not 24, is that the 24s didnt have all of the additional inputs and HDCP at the time. I love working on photos with PiP up to watch CNN.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Transcend said:
Most won't play ANYTHING if it doesn't have hdcp. You will need to use an analog connection, which will obviously default to standard NTSC television. Ew?

MAX- FPD2185W . It is seriously a KICK ASS monitor. It is on par with the Cinemas. I was going to buy a cinema display, took both for a test drive and settled on this one. More inputs, hdcp, hdtv, and a few hundred bucks saved made the choice easy.

I would recommend dual 24s before a 30" as well. The only reason i went 21 and not 24, is that the 24s didnt have all of the additional inputs and HDCP at the time. I love working on photos with PiP up to watch CNN.
Thanks, I was just checking that baby out it looks like it has 1000:1 contrast, wich is some of the highest I've seem. And they're reasonably priced, mabye 2 of those are in my future. The duel 30" idea has me excited, but 4k in monitors is a lot of cash.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
maxyedor said:
Thanks, I was just checking that baby out it looks like it has 1000:1 contrast, wich is some of the highest I've seem. And they're reasonably priced, mabye 2 of those are in my future. The duel 30" idea has me excited, but 4k in monitors is a lot of cash.
Dual 30s will do more then hurt your pocketbook, it will also hurt your neck. Seriously, there is such thing as too much desktop. When you have to start to turn and crane your neck to see the entire screen, menu pallettes etc, it will start to do more harm then good.

Dual 21/24, and a multi desktop tool is where it's at. I even notice the difference going from a 21" 3/4 to a 21" 16/9. The space on my wide is used much more efficiently.