Quantcast

Demo 8 upper shock mount

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
I am wondering if there is various versions of this floating around? My bike is a 2006, and mine takes an M8 bolt as the axle, and it is just wide enough for a standard eyelet on a shock to fit between the bushings. And there are cone bushings there to better hold the shock. I am asking because I bought a CCDB and the first time it came with a huge eyelet, and I sent it back and it is taking awhile long but that is a whole other story, but when it came back this time it now will fit an m8 but the spacers are too wide for the opening on the bike. and they forgot to send the spring back. how have other people's experiences been with cane creek's customer service? as of right now i am having very bad luck with them.

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
They sent the wrong spacers for the upper shock mount, so I called them and they overnighted another set that were suppose to be smaller, but they were the exact same size as the first. I would have rather waited for a vivid and dealt with sram, but it would have been a couple months.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
yea, similar situation, it came into my lbs, looked at it knew it would not work, but figured they could just send me the spacers so i paid for the shock and took it. called cane creek to see if they could send me the reducer spacers, they asked about the eyelet and it was a different than stock eyelet. so they wanted me to send the shock back this is all happening on a friday, i send it back that day. they get it tuesday, and i called to make sure they got it they did they called back left a voicemail saying i would have it by friday. friday comes around, no shock, i call on monday and they had just finished switching an eye and sent it out, i got it today, no spring, retainer, and wrong bushings. starting to get quite annoying that i paid for something and have not gotten to use it yet. also, when someone says it will be here a certain day, i expect it, so to change bushings on a shock it will have eaten up 3 weeks of riding time when it is all said and done if they get it right the third time.