Quantcast

Demo 8 vs. Faith 1

abbett1322

Chimp
Dec 4, 2004
chicodude01 said:
We are gonna need some more info here, like your size riding style, places you ride etc..........

I'm 5'4", 110 lbs. I'm going to do some big urban stuff and freeriding.

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
The Demo-9 is a considered to be more of a Freeride bike by Specialized. It has an extremely stiff and strong 150mm x 12mm thru axle back-end and beautiful forged and CNC'ed bottom bracket area. It is strong. My bike comes in at 40 lbs or less with downhill tires so it is not a tank. I also have it set up with a custom Fox DHX that lowers the BB about a half of an inch and gives it 8.25" of travel. This makes the two bikes practically identical.

abbett1322

Chimp
Dec 4, 2004
E.T. said:
The Demo-9 is a considered to be more of a Freeride bike by Specialized. It has an extremely stiff and strong 150mm x 12mm thru axle back-end and beautiful forged and CNC'ed bottom bracket area. It is strong. My bike comes in at 40 lbs or less with downhill tires so it is not a tank. I also have it set up with a custom Fox DHX that lowers the BB about a half of an inch and gives it 8.25" of travel. This makes the two bikes practically identical.
I'd really like to buy your bike, but I've only got $850 right now. After Christmas, I'll have more, though.

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
Well, in that case you might want to see about getting some sort of a loan. If you have $850, saving up an additional $2950 plus tax for the low-end Demo-8 or an additional $3550 plus tax for the low-end Demo-9 is a HUGE amount of money. You might want to take a moment to consider that I can sell you a COMPLETE Demo-9 with a super high-end sick@$$ build kit for $400 less than what you can buy the FRAME for! If you live with your parents (I do) you should take some time to explain your situation. Believe me, this bike is plain out RIPPED. You won't see a deal like this anywhere else.

abbett1322

Chimp
Dec 4, 2004
E.T. said:
Well, in that case you might want to see about getting some sort of a loan. If you have $850, saving up an additional $2950 plus tax for the low-end Demo-8 or an additional $3550 plus tax for the low-end Demo-9 is a HUGE amount of money. You might want to take a moment to consider that I can sell you a COMPLETE Demo-9 with a super high-end sick@$$ build kit for $400 less than what you can buy the FRAME for! If you live with your parents (I do) you should take some time to explain your situation. Believe me, this bike is plain out RIPPED. You won't see a deal like this anywhere else.
My mom's already pissed that I'm doing this instead of my homework :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
Well I've finally learned that homework means EVERYTHING to my parents. If I get good grades my parents are awesome, if I get bad grades than I can pretty much forget about racing. My advice is do your homework and get a job. Jobs absolutely suck but paychecks rock!!! :D

abbett1322

Chimp
Dec 4, 2004
E.T. said:
Well I've finally learned that homework means EVERYTHING to my parents. If I get good grades my parents are awesome, if I get bad grades than I can pretty much forget about racing. My advice is do your homework and get a job. Jobs absolutely suck but paychecks rock!!! :D
:D :D :D LOL Good advice :D :D :D