Quantcast

Demo 8 wheel build help

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I'm trying to determine the easiest wat to figure out spoke length to build a wheel for a Demo 8. Lacing a Pro II to and 823, anyone on here have this set-up?

I know my Hope to 823 for a 150 rear used 254/256 and for a normal 135 wheel it would be the same since Hope 135 and 150 have the same flange width correct? How do you account for the offset on the Demo? Are spokes of the regular length going to be able to let you dish the wheel correctly for the demo or do you need to alter spoke length? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Does the 2010 even have the off-set rear triangle? I would think so.

Last edited:

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Anyone know if adding 6mm to the drive side "flange distance" and subtracting 6mm from the non-drive side "flange distance" on the DT site will give me the correct result? It makes sense in my head and comes out dishless at 256 non-drive spokes and 257 drive spokes so I think I'm right.

Hopefully my thinking is right because I happen to have a box of DT comp 256s

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Anyone know if adding 6mm to the drive side "flange distance" and subtracting 6mm from the non-drive side "flange distance" on the DT site will give me the correct result? It makes sense in my head and comes out dishless at 256 non-drive spokes and 257 drive spokes so I think I'm right.

Hopefully my thinking is right because I happen to have a box of DT comp 256s
Yup, you got it right.