Quantcast

Demo Ride tomorrow...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
You know what, I think I might join you on that. I need to remember how to get there... Give me a call later tonight man. Depending on how rallied we are from the climb out, maybe do some SC runs after?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Oye. I wish, man. That climb bonks me, and it's the opposite way from home. I've still gotta' do my Father's Day shopping manana.

If you want to meet at the corner of Summit and 17 around 7:50 tomorrow morning, that should be perfect. You can follow me out there.

You ready to get ROCKED climbing up to the top with your road cassette? Haha...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
!! Josh- you're planning on climbing up w/ a road cassette?!? Maybe I'll see if my g/f and I can make it out, she's still only got a big bike, but it looks like she'll have people to keep up w/.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm on a 36t single-ring with an 11-32, but my bike weighs 44lbs.

*ugh*

The more the merrier. Looks like there's going to be a good selection of Specialized guys/gals out there tomorrow too. We'll try to leave before they do... We don't want to get stuck behind those slowpokes and have to tailgate them until they pull over...

"He's already pulled over! He can't pull over any further."

"Littering and... littering and...

...smokin' the reefer."

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Well, it's a toss up. I could bring my dh bike at 42 lbs, w/ a 40t front ring and road cassette OOOOOR, be a dick and bring my prophet w/ a 32t front ring and 11-34 :D

The g/f might get mad at me if I did that though since she's only got a big bike.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hell yeah, this should be rad. I am going to be on my big bike (45+lbs) 36T up front with a road cassette in the rear. Prepare to wait. Haha should be fun on the way down.

I wish my girlfriend would get into DH sooner. Got her a cruiser a last week. She said she is willing to try downhill sometime. She used to ride moto so I know she would dig it.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Ah man I would love to go to demo, why cant this be on sunday when im free.Have fun out there ,me and my buddy were up there a few weeks ago for the first time in years and braille was in great shape.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Last weekend we went up, then rode the ridge, down Sawpit, then up Sulfur (that's where I started to hurt), and then down Braille. I've never pinned Braille so hard in my life. Felt great.

Josh, I assume you know who bdamschen and his g/f are, so I'll expect that we'll see them tomorrow morning.

My buddy Ian and some hammer-bag Specialized fools will be there too. Prepare to a crew of Enduro SL riders blow buy us on the climb up, and we'll be blowing by them on the way down.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Whoops.

Here's the cat. I guess I let it out of the bag.

Hahah...

Good ride though, man. Next time, you = riding something with better gearing. Either way, we still hammered.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I missed out :(

I accidently got super ripped friday night and didn't go to bed til 3:30 saturday morning. Needless to say, waking up at 6:30 am wasn't happening. Sorry guys.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hahaha I figured something like that happened. I know exactly how that goes. Considering I am a part time drunk. You going to the race this weekend? I hope I can beat you this time. =P

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Glad you guys had a great ride - I chanced the thick fog and went to Skeggs Saturday morning. Great ride until I took a good digger going down timberview (in between Manzanita and crosscut) - was going a bit too fast and my front tire washed when it caught an off camber rut. Yay for dirt rash scabs :(

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... Luc. I, after apparently overextending my Hayes HFX-9's ability to stop me from moving forward, slammed front wheel right into a tree trunk. I didn't even turn. Just slammed right into it.

That tickled my right elbow... And by tickled, I mean it bled a little and bruised nicely.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahaha I figured something like that happened. I know exactly how that goes. Considering I am a part time drunk. You going to the race this weekend? I hope I can beat you this time. =P
Damn, I can't make it to the race either. My cousin has bad enough judgement that he appointed me as best man in his wedding this thursday, so I'll be in San Diego until sunday. I really need to be riding my bike argh! Maybe I'll try to bail out Saturday night.