Quantcast

Demo tomorrow

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
It's probably WAY too early for you lazy folks, but I'll be at Demo in the lot no later than 7:45 for a single looper.

I'm awesome. If you want to be awesome as well, you should show up.

I'll be on my SX.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
did you get a enduro sx or an sx trail? my bud used to have an enduro sx that was a fun bike.

northstar in 13 days!!! hopefully my new moco cartridge is here by then

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
It looks like I have an '05 Enduro SX. It says SX Trail on it, but the chip on the front of the frame is apparently from an Enduro.

Either way, it's a frickin' awesome bike.

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I actually like the way that it rides right now without that other SX Trail link. For most of the local trails, a 68.5 is plenty slack from the get go. Factor in that I added a Lyrik (instead of the old 150mm Fox 36) and the Cane Creek Plus 3 headset, and I should be around 67.5-68.0 degrees. It rides like a dream. I'm actually very, very surprised. I expected it to be good, but it's fantastic.

I can tell you though, now, that without a question: Avid Elixirs are FAR more powerful and better modulated than Juicy 7's.

Mostly new parts, older frame. Doesn't matter, though. The H3LT is an amazing rear shock. SUPER smooth. WAY smoother than any air shock I've ever ridden.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
nice i loved how my friends short travel sx rode it was awesome.

my dhx5 air is way smooth. but im trying to get rid of for a dhx5 coil the bottlerocket doesnt work well with the air shock

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've heard that a lot of bikes don't work well with the DHX Air.

Talk to X-Fusion about an HLR or an H3LT, man. I was seriously impressed with how that shock rides. Come out to the next CCCX and I'll let you take a spin around on my SX.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
i think im working this weekend or else i would try and make it out to cccx to hang out. i cant afford to do the race though i just bought my season pass so money is a little low

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Must take time off from CCCX and other gnar-gnar riding from February - June in the 2010 year. Then you're guaranteed some dirt-time at Northstar.