Quantcast

Demo8 Versus Demo9

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
dante said:
nah, you just don't know how to ask for it. something along the lines of "Fox, we'd like to spec a 9x2.75 on our top of the line 7POINT" seemed to work pretty well. :oink:

(and yes, according to Fox that should be available aftermarket within a couple months as well...)

:love:
wicked.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Dante:
nah, you just don't know how to ask for it. something along the lines of "Fox, we'd like to spec a 9x2.75 on our top of the line 7POINT" seemed to work pretty well.

(and yes, according to Fox that should be available aftermarket within a couple months as well...)
lol - So when I graduate from Penn State with my engineering degree and business minor, are you gonna let me ask those questions at Iron Horse sometime?

...well...yeah, that's cool, but we need an 8.75x2.75 for a Demo 8. Would a 9x2.75 be O.K. for a bike designed for an 8.75"??? I know this isn't a good question for you, but would the swingarm be able to move any further in it range of motion in the taller/less slack HT angle setting?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Dogboy said:
It seems to be a common problem-mine did it too. Here's my remedy-went to Home Depot and got an 8mm ID wave washer. I flattened it a bit and wedged it between the reducer and the inside of the frame. No more play.
I just finshed pressing in a new eyelet. It helped alot but there is still a tiny bit of play...I'm more concered about cracking bolts or frame mounts. I wish Romic made the 8.75x2.75 size I need. Roger makes a 9.0x2.75 but I don't think it will fit. So until I figure something else out it will just have to do for now...I hate swingers...D

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
BMXman said:
I just finshed pressing in a new eyelet. It helped alot but there is still a tiny bit of play...I'm more concered about cracking bolts or frame mounts. I wish Romic made the 8.75x2.75 size I need. Roger makes a 9.0x2.75 but I don't think it will fit. So until I figure something else out it will just have to do for now...I hate swingers...D
You may want to try mounting the shock in the other shock mount on the frame and see if the play is still there. I had a little bit of play and when I moved the shock to the other mount the play disappearred. Unfortunately I think the holes in the frame that the shock bolt goes through enlarged slightly causing the paly in the rearend. Now I try and not run the shock in that position in fear of making it worse.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The problem is the hardware that came with the Manitou shock. No matter how much you tighten the bolt that mounts the shock to the frame/downtube section, there is play and rattle... Took the shock out of the frame along with the bolt, removed the spacers(round metal sleeves that go over the ends of the shock pin on either side of the eyelet) inserted the bolt into the eyelet pin (hollow metal tube that goes through the eyelet) and noticed almost .5mm of gap between the inside of the pin and the outer surface of the bolt. So the bolt isn't shifting inside the mounting holes in the frame, the shock ITSELF is shifting around on the mounting bolt. If you wedge your index finger between the tip of the shock and the frame, you can feel this movement.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
exactly and I don't want to run my shock in the steepr postion. I think if Specialized wants to charge 2800 for a demo...this kind of shiat should have already been taken care of...D