Quantcast

Demo'd a Carbon Scott Ransom today...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
http://www.scottusa.com/ransom/

Quite an interesting bike. 6.5 inches of travel at 30lbs.

Shock was set up a bit funky for my tastes, but wow, that thing climbs like a goat! Id've gone with a shorter stem too, but seriously, Id recommend getting one of these to anyone. Rolled fast, super responsive, descended about like my Bullit.

Id personally go for the aluminum one at a bit more wieght, but it was cool to ride.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
konabiker said:
I heard one of those snapped in half on the Sea Otter DH course while I was there.
Oh well then EVERYONE DISREGARD WHAT I WROTE, since Konabiker "heard" one broke in half at sea otter. Apparently they are complete garbage.:rofl:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
A lot of guys at the Maxiavalanche were on them. Everything breaks, but I haven't seen anymore broken besides that one from Sea Otter.

Don't they use a proprietary Scott "Equalizer" pull shock?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BurlyShirley said:
Oh well then EVERYONE DISREGARD WHAT I WROTE, since Konabiker "heard" one broke in half at sea otter. Apparently they are complete garbage.:rofl:
Yup, I heard he died and his wife was injured and she wasn't even there!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
bikenweed said:
A lot of guys at the Maxiavalanche were on them. Everything breaks, but I haven't seen anymore broken besides that one from Sea Otter.

Don't they use a proprietary Scott "Equalizer" pull shock?
Yeah, and I gotta say, it wasnt exactly "normal" feeling, but I dont want to say anything bad about the shock, because it could've just been set up wrong. It sort of had a "topping out" feeling as it rebounded, but the handlebar lockout/halflock/wideopen control KICKD ASS! It seriously went from FR bike to Hardtail on the fly. Pretty great.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i loved the feel of a carbon frame. The sound and feel are awesome, but i'll never get another one again in my life unless it's a road bike.

But yah those are awesome features to have in a bike and is why i like my current bike.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Speaking of demoing hot bikes, I get to go tryout a bunch of Crackandfails tomorrow...Judge me hope they has.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I helped with the testing of the Ransom for the New Zealand mountain biker magazine (should be out next week) and I have to say everyone on the multi bike test was waaay impressed by it. :D :thumbs: