Quantcast

Dented 2009 boxxer

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I just bought an 09' boxxer team and it has been a great fork. Anyway, I took a spill and put a pretty good size dent about 2.5" below the fork seals on the left side. There are no rub marks developing on the stanchions from a dented bushing, but my question is, does anyone think that this presents a strength issue for the lower(s)? I had a really bad experience with a fork failure this year, so I'm a little gun shy, but I want some opinions. I'll try to get a pic up soon.
Thanks

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
if your really concerned take it to a confident bike shop mechanic to check it out. otherwise its easy as $ to open up and have a look. if you have the WC version try letting out all the air and moving the fork through its travel and feel for drag, other than that if it ain't broke don't fix it! :cheers:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
if your really concerned take it to a confident bike shop mechanic to check it out. otherwise its easy as $ to open up and have a look. if you have the WC version try letting out all the air and moving the fork through its travel and feel for drag, other than that if it ain't broke don't fix it! :cheers:
It wouldn't be that hard to remove the top cap on the spring side on a Team/Race and cycle it you know...

If it's as dented as it sounds, I would get new lowers for peace of mind.