Quantcast

Dentist Question - Sensible or Snake Oil?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I keep going to the dentist and hearing the same thing - "you have gaps in your gumline that are large and the best treatment for them is antibiotic." They say the flossing and cleanings, and special tooth brushes and mouthwash won't do the trick. OK fine, so how much? Two options I have are:
1 - $75 per site application, and by their standards I would require multiple applications that would get me close to $500
2 - $290 for a new option that will allow for up to 14 applications.

I'm not sure what this stuff is, how long it is effective for, and if it does anything at all. However, they have hounded me enough times over the past few years that I'm starting to wonder if it is sensible. Anyone else have this done? How did it work for you?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Dude, they wanted to do the same sh*t to me pre implants.

"we can't do the implants till we do the gum bullsh|t"

Like $3000

+ Implants @ $3200 each without crowns.

FU

Went to another guy who did the implants without a problem. No gum BS.

Want to know the best thing there is for your gums? H202 and baking soda lightly brushed on your gums once per day.

What's the dentist going to do? Take an exacto knife and cut your gums all up and charge you thousands of dollars.

F - Dentists. I'm replacing every toof in my mouth 1 at a time with implants so these f***s will never get another dime out of me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
They just want this for regular maintenance, no additional procedures. I can't imagine the topical application of this stuff will stay there long enough to do anything for any length of time, but I'm a CPA, not a DDS.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
They just want this for regular maintenance, no additional procedures. I can't imagine the topical application of this stuff will stay there long enough to do anything for any length of time, but I'm a CPA, not a DDS.

So they will put a q-tip in some antibiotic and stick it on your gums and charge you lots of money for it.

:thumb:

But wait it's "specially made for toofs / gumbs" right?

do the peroxide and baking soda,

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Did they measure the gap between your gums and teeth? Mine are pretty bad and I need the same procedure. Basically, they numb you up and clean really well in there. That's it. It will take 2 visits and shouldn't cost more than $500 total.

Not to derail your thread but I got a "crown buildup" done a week ago and my dentist had to use a laser to burn my gums down. It has been hurting like hell ever since. I think she did it on purpose.