Quantcast

Denver Skatepark Beating

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
I posted this in the BMX & Dirt Jumping section but thought I might as well post it here too. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated-

A couple of people I am friends with (Pro mountainboarders) were beat within an inch of their lives a couple days ago at a skatepark in Denver. A group of skaters (around 30 total) beat these two guys. One of them received broken vertebrae, broken arms, and brain swelling due to being hit with the boards. He was beaten in front of his kids... And the Denver police department is doing nothing to stop these incidents from happening. A biker had nearly the same thing happen to him last week. Here is the story:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14899385.

If any of you guys come across anything on the internet or know anything about the incident that could possibly help us find out who did it, that would be awesome.

Also, the local council, Mayor of Denver, and the Attorney General have been contacted by mountain boarders and concerned people from all over the world about the lack of concern from the Denver police force as well as about the general safety (or lack thereof) of the skatepark.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's horrible.

We are all in this together and there is no need for violence.

Close that fvcking park, arrest all the skaters and put them in orange jumpsuits and have them pick up trash for 6 months.

Except the guys who beat on this dude and put them in jail.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
That is absolutely horrible and considering the fvcks did this in front of one of the mountainboarder's kids it's sickening.

They deserve worse than prison.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Get a gun, shoot a skater. Then you'll have the attention of the police. If its 30+ people in most states that's considered gang activity and anything they do (aka assault/battery) is raised to a felony. Use of firearm could easily be argued self defense in that kind of scenario.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
go to said skatepark and start shooting.

how can you attack someone in front of their two little kids? :think:
people make me sick and i want to go to Denver and stab someone there.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Friggin horrible. Thoughts and prayers to your friends and their families. They should lock up those bastards along with their parents. Hope justice comes through this time.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Close the park. Open it in a month, with enough rent a cop Farva types in therre to keep jerk offs like the ones who beat Dave and the other who did nothing to stop this out...

Get well soon Dave.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I read **** like this and it just totally kills any faith I may/may not have had left in humanity.

Guy I was just talking to told me about some guy that was looking at this other guy's wife at a bar... well dude with the wife has about 25 close family members in this area, calls them down and they beat dude1 within an inch of his life and now he's in a coma. No mention of any repercussion for the people who did the beating.

i really hate people these days.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
that park is too slippery anyway.
jles great avatar, saw them play the other night with the supersuckers, it kicked so much ass. zeke played most of the big ones off of kicked in the teeth and just shredded so hard.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
I can only think about what his family is going through. His daughter and son will be forever replaying that scenario.

I cant even express my true feelings within words. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I swear, when I was growing up skating, all the skaters were mellow fellows...now they all seem like a$$holes. What has happened in the skater world?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I swear, when I was growing up skating, all the skaters were mellow fellows...now they all seem like a$$holes. What has happened in the skater world?
EXACTLY!!

The worst thing that happened to me was WAAYYY back in the day when I lived in Littleton, CO and used to skate a place called Bladium out by the old Stapelton (sp) airport.

I was going up a quarter pipe to do a 360 and had no idea there was some BMX guy behind me (nothing against BMX since I also rode BMX too). Well, he thought I was just going to go up and stop. Did the 360 and mid rotation I see him coming up the ramp.

To make a long story short, we met...his front peg ripped through my mouth and half way up my cheek. All I remember is seeing him when I was in the air and then opening my eyes and seeing about 30 people standing around me and a pool of blood next to my head.

Haha, the hospital had to fly in a plastic surgeon from across the state and I sat in the ER for 4hrs till he got there. Ended up having 54 stitches outside and 51 inside my mouth...all at the age of 11.

Anyways, a lot of the skater youth have turned into all punk a$$ kids with a short fuse. Really too bad...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
man, for the 19 years i skated, skaters didnt have to worry about fighting other skaters. We were to busy with keeping the jeeps full of drunken whitehats from beating up other skaters.

these dudes arent skaters, theyre pussy jocks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seriously, mob mentality is teh suck. I skated forever and never got into it with others on a violent level unless it was a self defense case of drunken rednecks who like to start sh!t.

But to do things like that in front of someones kids is unacceptable. Good luck trying to figure out who was there since it sounds like it was a cluster f@ck. But karma is a bitch.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Lame, just like surfing.

Surfers used to be a bunch of chill dudes now they spend all day bitching and fighting about who that wave belonged to.

I cant believe that dude says he will not go back to the park. If it were me, I would damn well be going back there with some boys to find the punks (they are probably dumb enough to skate at the same park).

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The skate park I skate at is ghetto, so a lot of the time I carry my baby glock under my shirt. Yea, skate gangster, but I'd rather have 12 judge me than 6 (well more like 8) carry me.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Police spokesman Jackson says "The park is safe." Well the objective evidence doesn't agree with ya, Jackson. Not that this'd ever happen in my little town, where the skate park has never seen 30 users, but now I'm not as uncomfortable about the local cops having a video camera aimed at our skate park 24/7. If Denver had done this, there'd be a much better chance of catching the little sh**s. What a terrible, terrible story.