Quantcast

Denver Sucks

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yeah! you heard me! DENVER SUCKS! I just got home from denver, first time in about 3 or 4 months that I have actually been downtown to go out. I went got dinner and come back to the car...someone broke in and took my stereo. They tore out half my dash while they were doing it too and broke my window. Now my Jeep has glass everywhere and a hole in the window. I don't have any music and I AM PISSED...denver sucks

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
agreed. my stuff got jacked while i was riding my bike at confluence. that would be about may 03. i have yet to replace it. denver does suck. that makes 6 of my bike friends that have lost stuff downtown. oh and whats best is how much the police do for you.... oh that just effin rules!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sorry to hear that Josh, that does suck. I'm surprised that it happened with all the foot traffic going on.

However, don't y'all ever move to a real city. Denver is crime free in comparison.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Nope that is BS, I lived in Philly for a while and visited there and worked there for even longer, I never had problems there. Not to say that Philly is a safe and crime free city, but crime is everywhere and Denver is no exception

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Wow that does suck. :( I have not had any problems, but I am not downtown much.

Kind of cold to be clipping stereos too.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
yall need to get dei alarm pagers with the lcd screens. mine tells you from up to 2 miles away if anyone comes near your car, it has motion, shock, and sound sensors well worth the money

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Motionboy2 said:
Screw that, I need a pitbull and a gun.
Naw - you just need a $hitty stereo with broken knobs and stuff......

Either that or drive all the way down to Littleton and ride the light rail. It's the suburbs so you don't have to worry about getting the heist. :D

-S.S.-

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
Motionboy2 said:
Screw that, I need a pitbull and a gun.
Yeah, this rotts. I was looking at handguns and just moved out of the city. The only foot traffic I saw were bums in my dumpster, car theifs and rapists. A lot of deperate people doing a lot of desperate things. I gave up calling the police on anything I saw down there, by the time they go through getting all your information and if they actually send a car, it's too late. I used to ride around the city late at night on my urban bike. Saw enough to just make me sick some nights. A lot of stuff I can ignore, but not things like the chump that tried to mug me at the 7-11 at 13th and Pearl that they recently closed (for being robbed too many times I was told). Urban riding down there ain't too bad, but if I ever find myself spending a lot of time in this city again, I'm packing some self defense. Some people live and park their vehicle in the city for years with no problems, but I was out every night and saw enough. I never left anything in my vehicle that was worth anything or couldn't be replaced. You've gotta love the city, at least to live in it.

Dave

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
DUDE i have had to punch out so many bums before and genral weirdos riding dtown by myself in the day and at night. you havnt seen **** till you have seen someone get shot in the leg after giving head to another dude it wasnt cool at all

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
dexter said:
DUDE i have had to punch out so many bums before and genral weirdos riding dtown by myself in the day and at night. you havnt seen **** till you have seen someone get shot in the leg after giving head to another dude it wasnt cool at all

whoa :nope:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
dexter said:
So hows your leg? :evil:

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
Crime is everywhere, I had my car broken into at Meyers Gulch trailhead above Boulder (the trailhead just before Walker Ranch)...yeah, the guy punched my door lock with a screw driver and hammer, bent the hole all to hell, and ripped out my dash trying to steal my stereo, only the stereo is bolted in to the car...so I have a broken door, and a stereo hanging out. I had my car broken into at the parking garage in boulder as well...Boulder has just as many thugs.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Motionboy2 said:
When I stopped into the police station there was a bounty hunter bringing in a prostitute.. I wanted to grab the video camera and film an episode of cops :p
That makes me laugh. Probly would have been really close too knowing denver pd's reputation.

Sorry to hear about your sheot gettin Jacked. That sucks alot. Dont go downtown. Lodo stinks anyhow. I had a friend that I worked with at my current job several years back get shot and killed down there.
all the illegals and haters run the roost down there...
Stay away if given a choice.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
damn ouch josh ya got me there its good its now full ti and carbon fiber designed by weagle so i can pull backflip tailwhip720 barspin xup no footed supermans during race runs it gnar cedric saw it and **** himself and is getting 2

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
dexter said:
How's your leg? Are you able to ride?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Triphop said:
Crime is everywhere, I had my car broken into at Meyers Gulch trailhead above Boulder (the trailhead just before Walker Ranch)...yeah, the guy punched my door lock with a screw driver and hammer, bent the hole all to hell, and ripped out my dash trying to steal my stereo, only the stereo is bolted in to the car...so I have a broken door, and a stereo hanging out. I had my car broken into at the parking garage in boulder as well...Boulder has just as many thugs.
Sounds like the perp drove out from Denver to me :oink:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
dexter said:
damn ouch josh ya got me there its good its now full ti and carbon fiber designed by weagle so i can pull backflip tailwhip720 barspin xup no footed supermans during race runs it gnar cedric saw it and **** himself and is getting 2
Yeah, you made it to easy for me on that one :)

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Hey Josh, if you want a hand with the stereo I could help. Mine was stolen twice out of my Jeep Cherokee... once in Arvada and once in Westminster. Crime really is everywhere. They took my dash panel and tore it away from the stereo and wrapped it around my stick shift.

Anyway, I know a thing or two about putting stereo's in Cherokee. Plus if you call your local Jeep dealer the dash panel is only about $50.00.