Quantcast

Denver trip is a GO! May 5-8

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flights and hotel are paid for, so we're coming to visit. We're going to be in Denver from Thursday 5/5 - Sunday 5/8.

What is everyone's availability for Friday or Saturday night? We'd love to meet up to grab drinks and dinner. I swear I'm not as much of a jackass in person, Nick can attest to that. If you are available, I'd assume the best location would be in the middle of everyone? SS, Nick, FT, Pesqueeb, $tinkle - You guys interested? Suggestions for locations?

Any suggestions for fun things to do in the area? The only plans we have as of yet are to go up to Golden and get a tour of the Yeti Factory.

Neither of us were able to get interviews in this window, so we're just coming for fun at this point. Plus it's our anniversary on the 8th, so we're kind of making it an extension of that.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Would be cool for all of the Colorado monkeys to meet up with you on one of those days. I am down.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
have SS make you pancakes/waffles and have him break out the expensive syrup.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
have SS make you pancakes/waffles and have him break out the expensive syrup.
There is no reason on Earth that a straight man should be offering to make pancakes for another straight man. Actually the only time someone should ever be offered pancakes is when it's an attractive woman asking you to come over for pancakes, at 5pm.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
But seriously, let's lock down the dinner/drinks night. Bull and bush looks like a good locale. What night works best for people? My schedule is wide open, so let me know what works for you.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Either night works for me.
There are a few better places south of BnB, closer to the DTC and down near 470. Naturally I can't remember the name but I'll figure it out over the weekend.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
SS? FT? Shane - Can you do Sat? It might be easier for the 9-5'ers to do a wknd.

Any arguments to Bull and Bush on Saturday at 6:30pm? Is that a reasonable hour for everyone? Or should we do a little bit earlier to catch some sun?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Stuffs:

• I'm in Golden, living and working.
  • Saturday 6:30p @ Bull & Bush I can do. I think. Going to a crawfish boil that afternoon, so I'll be rocking the roadie bike wherever I go. And by "rocking" I mean "weaving while pedaling". And B&B is probably the furthest I'm willing to pedal from Golden under such circumstances. Besides...
  • There is nothing good south of B&B in Denver. No, not even that.
  • I am skiing Sunday (Loveland closing day)
  • Fun stuffs to do? I always suggest checking out Red Rocks Park, it's pretty "okay" for a nice little hike with the significant other, plus you can stand on the exact stage that many great musicians and such have over the past however many years. U2 recorded some of Under A Blood Red Sky there, for Chrissakes!
  • Other fun stuffs? There's loads. What do you like to/want to do? Punk show at a dive bar? Skeet shooting? Craft brewery tour? Pancakes? He'p us out here...

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I thought you moved? I can pick you up. I am right by the Denver West mall.

Let me know.

Stuffs:

• I'm in Golden, living and working.
  • Saturday 6:30p @ Bull & Bush I can do. I think. Going to a crawfish boil that afternoon, so I'll be rocking the roadie bike wherever I go. And by "rocking" I mean "weaving while pedaling". And B&B is probably the furthest I'm willing to pedal from Golden under such circumstances. Besides...
  • There is nothing good south of B&B in Denver. No, not even that.
  • I am skiing Sunday (Loveland closing day)
  • Fun stuffs to do? I always suggest checking out Red Rocks Park, it's pretty "okay" for a nice little hike with the significant other, plus you can stand on the exact stage that many great musicians and such have over the past however many years. U2 recorded some of Under A Blood Red Sky there, for Chrissakes!
  • Other fun stuffs? There's loads. What do you like to/want to do? Punk show at a dive bar? Skeet shooting? Craft brewery tour? Pancakes? He'p us out here...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey mentioned the craft brew tour; I might be lit when we all meet up.

Do you know if John P has moved yet? I should probably drop him a line too, as I don't think I've seen him since like 2002.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Wifey mentioned the craft brew tour; I might be lit when we all meet up.

Do you know if John P has moved yet? I should probably drop him a line too, as I don't think I've seen him since like 2002.
John is in Golden right now hard at work. I'll shoot him a text as soon as we get a finalized date/time.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
John is in Golden right now hard at work. I'll shoot him a text as soon as we get a finalized date/time.
I'm going to see him at the factory tomorrow. Let's confirm Saturday 6:30 @ Bull & Bush.

Rufus - send me your email, as I'll be out of pocket until then.
SS - What's your email? This time work for you?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I thought you moved? I can pick you up. I am right by the Denver West mall.

Let me know.
Moved where? Uranus?

Nah, still here. Well, moved to Golden from south Denver/Littleton/Sheridan area a year ago plus. Thanks for the offer of the ride, bu I'll be down in the Highlands all day for a Crawfish Boil, which I am planning on riding my bike to/from. So a nice little jaunt down the Cherry Creek path should be alright alright.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
As far as I'm aware Joker and wife are meeting myself and wife/kid @ B&B tonight at 6:30. I can't do Saturday due to work/mothers day/life, etc. If any one wishes to meet us there tonight that would be cool. :thumb:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
SS dump the kids with the wife and join us.

Thanks John P. for the Yeti factory tour! Definitely something I've always wanted to do, and who knew that Wifey who just started riding would ask more questions than me?!

Red Rocks is awesome. Walking up and down the stairs there while at 6200ft is not awesome.

We're doing LoDo and a craft brew tour tomorrow and Saturday is pretty open for any other suggestions.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
In addition to Saturday. I suppose you could go both days. If I were free thats what I'd do. Bull and Bush :drool: Got off the phone not too long ago with Joker, were on for 6:30.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
In addition to Saturday. I suppose you could go both days. If I were free thats what I'd do. Bull and Bush :drool: Got off the phone not too long ago with Joker, were on for 6:30.
I might make a swing by after my ride for a post beer. Have Joker text me when you guys are done dinner.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Trip was awesome - I think I've found my Mecca.Thanks everyone for coming out for drinks - especially Pesqueeb for coming up from Springs and Nick for driving out from Golden. We hit just about every suggestion you guys threw out and it was great.

The Yeti factory tour by John P was pretty awesome. It's pretty much an assembly location, but the historical frames hanging on the walls were awesome. One thing I forgot to ask about are the first off the line frames. I would have really liked to have seen the history of frames all in one room.

After coming back, it's pretty clear just how over-packed a ishthole SF is. Drivers are horrible, roads are crap, gas is $.5/g more, etc. I'm very hard pressed to stay here and not move asap. I'm still working here until the end of May, so hopefully we can move pretty soon (assuming I can land something with a bit of coin behind it).

Wifey likes it, but there are still some concerns about a lack of 'arts' (not like we've done anything of that sort in over a year) and she didn't like the lack of boutique shopping. I did see a lot of women wearing clothes of that variety, so it's got to be around. She also has questions about neighborhoods and such. Nick made a really good point that homes are a 'home base' for activities. I need to get her understanding that, and we were able to talk about that quite a bit on the flight. Still trying to get a gauge on neighborhoods though. We saw a lot of the 'higher-end' neighborhoods, but that completely defeats the purpose of moving to CO.

And now to go find a job in Denver-area...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I definitely will. You'll need to bear with my hacking as we ride. I'm out of shape here and bordering on inept there.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Had fun on thursday, it was nice to meet everyone and put a face to a pseudonym. Sorry I couldn't do Saturday, the Man's keeping me down. Let us know when/if it looks like your gonna make it out. We'll do it again.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just saw this thread...maybe next time you pm me/us?

[i was on lockdown anyway, mo's day & all.]

and i was so looking forward to putting some adult puke in ss's minivan

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Great time meeting you on Thursday. Thanks for letting me crash in for a few beers.

Let me know next time you guys get out here.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
just saw this thread...maybe next time you pm me/us?

[i was on lockdown anyway, mo's day & all.]

and i was so looking forward to putting some adult puke in ss's minivan
Dude, this thread was started over 2 weeks ago and the initial conversation you responded to. Next time though