Quantcast

Depot Store Bicycle Company Faces Lawsuit.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
N8 said:
What a dumb response...
well, it's kind of along the lines of a guy getting framed for selling coke and going to jail, but he did rob several liquor stores with a deadly weapon.

Are you really that upset that he went to jail for a crime he didn't commit, but never got convicted for the ones he did?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Smelly said:
if you know to check the qr or axle bolts, you're not the kind to buy a bike at walmart. not everyone knows how as much about bikes as you do

True, not everyone knows the difference between a freewheel and a Cassette. BUT......... checking to make sure the wheel is tight? To me, thats common sense. If it feels loose, tighten it!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Smelly said:
if you know to check the qr or axle bolts, you're not the kind to buy a bike at walmart. not everyone knows how as much about bikes as you do
I helped a couple of friends buy some beginner bikes, and one of them never could understand how the quick release worked. Even after many demonstrations.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BigMike said:
True, not everyone knows the difference between a freewheel and a Cassette. BUT......... checking to make sure the wheel is tight? To me, thats common sense. If it feels loose, tighten it!
I have never once checked the lug nuts on the wheels of my jeep after having them serviced.

People who don't know bikes would never ever think to check. Five years ago I bought a bike from Target, I didn't check. I didn't even buy a pump or spare tube.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LordOpie said:
well, it's kind of along the lines of a guy getting framed for selling coke and going to jail, but he did rob several liquor stores with a deadly weapon.

Are you really that upset that he went to jail for a crime he didn't commit, but never got convicted for the ones he did?
No response.... At least from N8 :D

Nice analogy.....jdcamb

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
BigMike said:
you're exactly right. TO YOU it's common sense. it's common sense to me, too. but we're bike riders. you're forgetting that common sense is neither common nor universal

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I have seen quite a few people leaving the QR lever in the open position and just tightening by screwing the lever down on bike shop purchased bike.