Quantcast

Depressing thought...

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Nah. The E4s are kinda shit really. 10g weight saving over the V4s for what? They're noticeably shittier power, and a different pad size. I've got both and I want V4s on both my Enduro/play bike and my 29er trail/XC bike. The E4s are frustrating.
I thought the E4s have a shorter lever throw because they use the same lever but smaller slave pistons than the V4. That's why I put them on my Sur-ron. They're not super powerful though, they require a firm squeeze.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The next time my shitmanos crap out I’m probably going V4. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the X2s on my fatbike. I’ll probably upsize the rotors to 220/200 to make up for any loss due to MC/SC size. I’m over-braked on the fat at 200/180-a problem that no one ever complains about.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the X2s on my fatbike.
lol

I've always thought fatbikes should be brakeless and fixed gear. you know.. .Why bother using a hand operated brake when you're trundling round steamrollering through swamps, snow and beaches at walking pace completely unconnected from control and feedback anyway. ;)

Perhaps then someone could invent full body pogies

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
lol

I've always thought fatbikes should be brakeless and fixed gear. you know.. .Why bother using a hand operated brake when you're trundling round steamrollering through swamps, snow and beaches at walking pace completely unconnected from control and feedback anyway. ;)

Perhaps then someone could invent full body pogies
17972288_1420097124715418_160365093805523343_o.jpg

Wuffles

Monkey
Feb 24, 2016
Not sure if it's depressing. I laughed.

Be sure to note who "mindfully designed" the bike...
If there is a God, then surely this has damned us in His sight. If not, then it is small comfort to know that eventually the sun will swell to encompass this wretched planet within it's upper atmosphere, and burn all memory of this foul monstrosity from this miserable existence.

It's like the physical manifestation of e-bike marketing... I just ate lunch and now I want to vomit.