Quantcast

Der Wednesday herder.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
if they're drinking spiked seltzer you should bludgeon them with a beaver or something equally canadian.
hindquarters of a moose?

what a fucking shit night and day. so last night, the dog we've had about a year, while my 9yo was calmly sitting next to him and patting him, snarled, turned, and bit him in the face. It was the last straw - he'd bitten our petsitter in the hand in a similar, unprovoked situation over labor day weekend, and had done similar things with me and both kids in the past. while he's always been protective of food and toys he gets - and even sometimes getting off our bed - growling in an an aggressive way, we've been working with him on following commands a lot and it seemed like he was getting better with that stuff. but the unprovoked biting can't go on, so i had to write the email to the rescue group we got him from to say we need to either give him back or surrender him to a shepherd rescue group. never had something like this happen with a dog before, and it sucks, because he is also a goofy, smart, fun guy too. I think he just needs a home with an older owner who can really spend a lot more time with him. fuckity fuck fuck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sucks about the dog.

For those on the bookface my wife’s crazy cat has been ok since we started him on kitty Prozac.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
the salsa i just poured all over my breakfast burrito is fuego af.
more coffee. do more work, then fish more.
reapeat mañana.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
that looks fun. Large or XL?
Large. Longer front-center/wheelbase/reach numbers, but the way I have the two bikes set up a surprisingly similar ETT feel. By the numbers the 5.5 had a longer ETT, but I ran the saddle all the way forward on the rails and I run it all the way back on the SB150 so it's pretty similar. Stack is 14mm lower on the new bike, and it's super noticeable. Having a bit of a time figuring out how many spacers to put under the stem.

this explains a lot about you.
And even more about his mom.

So all of your bikes are named Leeloo?
:think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hindquarters of a moose?

what a fucking shit night and day. so last night, the dog we've had about a year, while my 9yo was calmly sitting next to him and patting him, snarled, turned, and bit him in the face. It was the last straw - he'd bitten our petsitter in the hand in a similar, unprovoked situation over labor day weekend, and had done similar things with me and both kids in the past. while he's always been protective of food and toys he gets - and even sometimes getting off our bed - growling in an an aggressive way, we've been working with him on following commands a lot and it seemed like he was getting better with that stuff. but the unprovoked biting can't go on, so i had to write the email to the rescue group we got him from to say we need to either give him back or surrender him to a shepherd rescue group. never had something like this happen with a dog before, and it sucks, because he is also a goofy, smart, fun guy too. I think he just needs a home with an older owner who can really spend a lot more time with him. fuckity fuck fuck.
Sounds like the dog thinks he is in charge. As you didn't mention trips to the ER, I assume these weren't intended to hurt people but to tell them to fuck off. Understandable if you have lost trust in this beast but if not you need to show him who is in charge. Start off by not letting him on your bed. Try to find a non aggressive way to keep him off, water spray or something like that he will hate.

Same thing with food, he only eats when you're done and he eats under your terms. Make him do something subservient before he eats.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey had 40 boxes of 100 mugs sent to the house. FedEx guy was very confused as was I. Was great moving them in, because I'm already showered and dressed for work, now sweaty as balls.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Senior Director of Corporate Marketing. Office is physically small, so it went to where there was space - home.
Are you billing her for hours worked hauling those into the house?

I would have shrugged and put them in the hallway at work, if I was not provided with adequate storage. Then again, I'm on the opposite end of the totem pole as a Director of anything. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
One of our neighbours has been asking to do a road ride together for a few years now. Brief chat this morning and I succumbed and said I had an hour at midday to do a loop. 2 minutes into the ride and he drops that he just qualified for the 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships in Vancouver next year...

That was a fast 14miles, 1900ft vert in 56 minutes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of our neighbours has been asking to do a road ride together for a few years now. Brief chat this morning and I succumbed and said I had an hour at midday to do a loop. 2 minutes into the ride and he drops that he just qualified for the 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships in Vancouver next year...

Fucking Golden residents... Buncha fit fuckers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Good thing we did that training ride yesterday!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
what a fucking shit night and day. so last night, the dog we've had about a year, while my 9yo was calmly sitting next to him and patting him, snarled, turned, and bit him in the face.
Wow, I really admire how calm you stayed. If a dog would have bitten my kid the dog would be dead in no time.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Pain cave

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
hindquarters of a moose?

Aussie Shepherd, or GSD?