Quantcast

DeRoux Boulder Trail to Esmerelda Peaks-a few pix

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
i went for an interesting group ride. The mountains around here usually spread across in huge ridges that make access spread out. In this case the group was driving an additional 30 miles give or take to access a loop.

Studying my maps i was interested in finding out if i accessed the loop from the other side of the ridge if it would be fun and save time. Well 3 miles of hike a bike is not that fun, but the 4 miles of killer gnarl descent sure was worth it.

It's kind of fun trying to hook up with a group of riders in the middle of nowhere. Also it's even more adventurous when you're a spacehead like me and forget your map at home....

Anyways after climbing up a dead end thousand foot forest road climb, i managed to find the right trailhead. Ran into all kinds of cool people that i've known or just got acquainted with from the group and got to say hi, as most of them were confused at how i wound up showing up from nowhere or riding the opposite direction as i turned around to head back....

Yah enough babble from me... here's the goods.

Gallagher Head Lake with Esmerelda Peaks looming above


Chunky fun at DeRoux. i love a smooth fast run, but please give me some chunk gnarl with high exposure and i'm good.


Naps and daydreams. Up by the lake i was waiting for a half hour for the group, spacing off at the trippy way clouds move over the mountains, then i got this shot of an osprey riding a thermal, a jet airliner, and the place i want to ride my mt. bike someday.


Hawkins Mt.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,524
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MtnbikeMike said:
You go riding in the coolest places, in jealous to say the least.
Word...not to mention Skooks is one of the coolest cats around :D

Yo, Skook. I have been meaning to ask you which Cult cd were we listening to in your car on the way up the shuttle road at Ranger Creek?
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
MtnbikeMike said:
You go riding in the coolest places, in jealous to say the least.
Don't worry man.... it's all photo shop trickery. i really ride on roads and back alleys thru bum piss and garbage. just keep it on the dl. :dancing: ;)
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Yo, Skook. I have been meaning to ask you which Cult cd were we listening to in your car on the way up the shuttle road at Ranger Creek?
uhm it was either the self titled or it's a compilation of b-sides and unreleased stuff. i'll burn you a copy of that one for ya. :cool:
And oh yah i'm gonna buy your fork, mines leaking.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,524
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
uhm it was either the self titled or it's a compilation of b-sides and unreleased stuff. i'll burn you a copy of that one for ya. :cool:
And oh yah i'm gonna buy your fork, mines leaking.
Dude, if you made me a copy I'd love ya forever :heart:

btw, I just sold my fork today to Five :eek:
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
wow .. that looks like an awesomeplace to ride... i am so jealous of all of you people that have these awesome places to ride so accesable.. damn i need to move
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Heidi said:
Crap, I need a little more notice. We've already made plans for Labor Day Weekend.
Serial Midget has got me hijacked to guide one ride on the weekend of Sept 24/25. That'd be rad if you could make it to that one! Only one small prob, still no real tangible area of where we're gonna go haha!
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,135
678
Bend, Oregon
Skookum said:
Serial Midget has got me hijacked to guide one ride on the weekend of Sept 24/25. That'd be rad if you could make it to that one! Only one small prob, still no real tangible area of where we're gonna go haha!
I could totally be up for that - if I had some information :thumb: ;)